Thursday, March 14, 2024

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 9pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5:30, finally waking/ getting up at 7:15.

I guess the recliner didn’t work so good as Laura told me that she ended up moving back to the master bedroom.

In the future I think I’d better go to bed at 9pm on Mondays so I won’t be so tired for my Tuesday chess games.

Laura left at 8:45 for a doctor’s appointment.

I complimented Teresa on how soft my underwear feels. Usually sun drying makes it feel a little stiff. She showed me this bottle and I understood everything.



Maybe Laura’s influence at work here.

I completed my workout in Smartfit between 9am and 10am. Today I took my step counter but was a little disappointed my 15-minute walk only equated to 1,698 steps. That means to accomplish 7,000 steps I would need to walk for 62 minutes.

I bought 2 bags of milk at the market across the street before returning to the apt.

Following advice I found online I freed up 2.91GB on my c: drive using Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Disk Cleanup, Clean up System Files, Windows Update Cleanup. I then tried it on my d: drive but as expected there was nothing to free up.

I left the apt about 2pm and took the back stairs instead of the elevator. When I exited the building I saw dozens of cockroaches, half dead, half alive. I stepped on those that were still alive. Still wondering where they came from, I walked around the corner and ran into a guy with a metal canister and sprayer. That solves that mystery. Later I saw a notice in the elevator that they’ll be fumigating this week.

I had a latte in Los Porteños for a couple hours. A few tables away were a couple of young ladies speaking English but I didn’t interrupt them. I left at 4pm and returned to the apt.

I showed Laura Gisela’s message and she had a different interpretation than Google translate.

I was just interrupted by a cockroach sighting. Teresa gave me a can of Raid and I sprayed it several times until it died under our couch. (The building is spraying for them but since Teresa doesn’t allow them to spray in our apt that’s where they tend to go.) We also found one of those little lizards in the hallway that are considered to be good luck.

So what I learned is Gisela is in Bogota and when my order arrives she will contact me for payment (Paypal) and then they can forward it on to Medellin.

For a long time I’ve taken 400mg of Calendula (Marigold) Flower twice a day for the osteoarthritis in my back. I had trouble finding replacements online but I did find an 800mg brand which I’ve been taking 800mg in the morning and 400mg in the evening. A few days ago I stopped taking the 400mg in the evening and so far so good.

I’ve started watching the TV series True Detective (8.9) on Medellin TV.

Troyclough blundered a piece on the 5th move and resigned 2 moves later increasing my rating to 1575.

 

 

DOG MEMES



 

No comments:

Post a Comment