Thursday, October 9, 2025

Wednesday, October 8, 2025

Last night I took my Diphenhydramine and Zopiclona tablets, went to bed at 10pm, got up once at 4:15, finally getting up with Teresa at 6:15.

I left the apt at 8am and completed my workout in Smartfit. Daniel wanted to play chess but he wanted me to wait 15 minutes later so I refused.

I was having a latte in Ganso y Castor when a light rainfall started. It finally lessened to a few drops by 10:15 and I made my escape back to the apt.

Another option Laura sent me is

·      Ocean El Faro (8.2) for $1726pp

to compete with:

·      Ocean Blue and Sand Beach (8.4) for $1873pp.

·      Serenade Beach and Spa Resort (8.6) for $1900pp.

All Expedia packages, flights included.

It took me awhile to catch a couple errors but I balanced my Capital One checking account statements for August and September.

An unusually cool day today, only 70 degrees at 3pm.

I left the apt at 3:15 and stopped at the copy center to print some sample pages from a chess book. I asked for them to be printed in black & white but they printed them in color probably because the chess diagrams are in color. I started reading them while having a latte in Los Porteños but they weren’t very helpful and I ended up just throwing them away.

I left at 5pm and waited for Teresa in Eduardo Madrid. She arrived at 5:30 but didn’t want anything so we just returned to the apt. She told me her group is having a day trip next Thursday to Cisneros and do I want to go. Later I checked and it’s an hour and 15 minutes from Medellin so it’s kind of like El Retiro but they want to meet at 7am. ☹

Teresa mentioned her thighs are sore from her gym workout. I keep to a strict M/W/F workout routine but she goes to classes she likes whenever it’s available. I’ve warned her not to do two consecutive days of exercise.

Tonight, Teresa made a lightly toasted sandwich with the turkey sandwich meat we bought in Pricesmart and a baguette from Ara. She gave me a taste and it was delicious. It almost made me regret purchasing the sleeve of Angus burgers I bought in Pricesmart. At the last second, after she finished her sandwich and was making my burger, I got the bottle of relish I’ve been saving for what seems like years (it’s been that long since she’s made me a burger). I accept a little fault in what happened next. She gave me the sandwich and I was halfway through it and I was thinking this is the best one I’ve had in Medellin. The next thought was remembering that Teresa mentioning a few minutes ago that the burgers were so large. I looked inside the hamburger and there was no meat. I said the Spanish version of, “Where’s the beef?” and she went into the kitchen then showed me the pan with the beef patty still in it. 😊 Kind of reminded me of when my mother would make dinner and forget to take the rolls out of the oven. Teresa redressed me a burger with meat but this time forgot the mustard and the relish. I guess making burgers is a work in progress.

Laura wrote to me, “I hear this one is good”… Excellence Punta Cana (9.6). Yeah, and at $3750 pp. it’s a lot more expensive.


FUNNY



No comments:

Post a Comment