Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday, April 11th, 2014



Yesterday I had a headache all day until just before I went to bed even though I took 2 Excedrin right after my Spanish lesson.

Here are the bracelets I bought to wear for the World Cup to be played in Brazil this June and July.

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night and finally woke/got up at 6:15.

Breakfast was my usual at El Comedor de Chava.  Harry stopped by and started to give me the usual hard time about not calling him.  I just ignored that.  He said someone told him the furniture on Avenida 80 isn’t very good quality so he wants to cancel the 3-5pm meeting we had planned for this afternoon.  

At today’s Spanish lesson I had Jhon call the Urologist and make an appointment for me for Wednesday, April 23rd at 3pm.  The Dr. said he won’t accept my Saludcoop insurance but he will accept 170mil cash for an office visit.  I also had Jhon call the man I saw making cane chairs last year but he said he only repairs the chairs he doesn’t make them.  But he did give me a lead – there is supposed to be a store in front of the Exito on Calle 10 in El Poblado.  I’ll probably also check that out next week.  Today, among other things, Jhon shared some common expressions I would hear locally.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Draft Day (6.9) and Joe (8.0).  Locally, I might like to see Son of God (5.5) and Divergent (7.6).

Lunch was Double Whopper Jr., small fries, and small Pepsi at BK (with coupon).  

I bought what I thought was insect repellant for my plants for 13,950.  It was in the area for plants, says “fertox insecticida” on the bottle and has a spray pump top.  Back at the apartment I sprayed all the leaves liberally.

I received an email from Margarita that Jaime is coming with Arley tomorrow morning at 7am.  First they are going to work on the 2nd floor apartment and then come to fix my leaky bathroom sink.

I walked over to the Internet store and printed 9 pages of regular Spanish verbs that I have to learn by the time Jhon comes back and we continue our lessons on Monday, April 21st.  Since I was in the neighborhood I stopped at Paisa Pan and had a churro and iced tea.

Back at the apartment I checked the plant that I had sprayed and there were at least 18 of the little critters lying on the floor under the plant.  Now if the plant doesn’t die too then I’ve accomplished something.

Dinner was chili and mango juice at El Comedor de Chava.

I was at Dario’s apartment by 7pm and by 8pm Margarita and her husband showed up.  I figured out the type of doctor he is – he’s a pathologist.  Everyone took 5 minutes to talk in their 2nd language and I was very surprised how well Margarita did.

T-shirt of the day: “Shh, they can hear you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment