Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday, April 10th, 2014



Last night I mentioned I got an email from Teresa and a letter from Rubi.  

The email from Teresa said that she liked my letter very much and would like to meet me.  I told her I would like to meet her also and suggested next Wednesday at 1 or 1:15 at the Exito food court near the Envigado metro station.  (I believe that’s the same place I met Eddie last year for breakfast at McDonald’s.)

In Rubi’s letter she apologized for taking so long to answer my letter but she can’t email me from work as there is no computer available.  She shared with me a little more about the foods she likes – including Bandeja Paisa.  I’m afraid it’s going to be a slow process with this lady – at least until we meet.  I again asked her to call the AFA office so she can accept my profile and we don’t have to go through AFA’s email system.  I also brought up the subject of meeting for lunch.

BTW, my eye doctor’s appointment cost 150mil and I only had 100 with me so I’ll be going back next week to pay off the balance.
I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 5:30 and got up at 6am.

2 weeks ago I asked that 27 year old girl from LAC what year she is in at the university (ITM) and I was surprised that this morning she sent me an answer – 2nd year.  I asked her what she is studying.  To be continued.  Soon I’ll ask her point blank what her intentions are with a 68 year old man.  Probably just curiosity – I am a gringo after all.

I also had an email from Luz.  She lives downtown near Parque Berrio but she warned me the area isn’t safe.  Later I confirmed my understanding of the next sentence of her email with Jhon.  She wants to meet me at the Exito Laureles, take me downtown for lunch and then show me her apartment.  Sounds good to me!  I told her fine, but I’m buying!

I sent Dario a text message inviting him to my apartment at 2pm today to play chess. 

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores.  No orange juice stand setup again today.  I bought 2 different eye drops with the “prescription” that Catalina gave me.  I believe the first container are anti inflammatory drops and are to be taken twice a day for only 15 days and the second container are eye drops that I can use contiously every 2 hours.  Together they cost me about 50mil.

Jhon asked me to print out all of the regular verbs with their definitions, fold each of them and put them in a “hat”.  Take one out and if you see the English side then you have to identify the Spanish verb.  If you see the Spanish side then you have to provide the English definition.  Each one you get wrong goes back into the “hat”.  He also told me that next week, holy week, there will be no Spanish lessons.  He said it is a vacation week for most Colombians and he will be visiting a girlfriend in Bogota.  That might make it easier for me to meet with Luz and Teresa.

Lunch was a hotdog, chips, and large Pepsi at Dogger’s.

I stopped at Exito and bought a replacement bottle of floor cleaner and regular soap for washing my white underwear.

At 1:30 I texted Dario giving him my apartment number.  He called me just before 2pm and confirmed that I wanted to meet in my apartment.  He showed up by 2:15 and we played 2 games – each with different colors.  I won both games, extending my streak against him to 7 games.  He told me he isn’t playing badly, I’m just playing better.  He left at 4:45.

I received an email from Dr. Montoya; she gave me the name and address of a Urologist that should also be an English speaking doctor.  His name is Dr. Juan Fernando Uribe Arcila.  According to the map it looks like his office is on Avenida Las Vegas near the Museum of Modern Art and an attraction called River City.  I could probably take a Circular Sur 302 bus and get pretty close to there and, if necessary, use a taxi to get to the exact location.

T-shirt of the day: Unathletic

No comments:

Post a Comment