Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014



I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night and woke/got up at 6:20; no car alarms going off, no motorcycles racing up the street, no taxis honking their horns.  Yah!

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores followed by a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.  

After Spanish class I cut through Viva CC and ran into 23 year old Paula from El Buton.  She was with the lady from the next kiosk and they were both across the street buying some street food from a vendor.  She made a point of talking to me but eventually got frustrated not being able to communicate and that ended the conversation.

I met Reina at LM and we ate at Frisby.  She showed me pictures of her colonoscopy – too much information – and had a 2pm appointment with the doctor to read it.  I gave her one of my sets of corn on the cob holders for a birthday present.  I walked her down to the bus stop and asked her why she always walks in the street instead of on the sidewalk and she made a motion that told me she’s afraid of someone accosting her with a knife.  Something maybe I should remember!

Some expats on Colombia Expat Exchange were a little miffed that an expat couple Gary & Diane mentioned they had opened a new Tex-Mex Fusion restaurant nearby in Laureles called Arriba! Arriba! & Boogaloo because you aren’t supposed to advertise on that site.  This must be the same Gary I had Thanksgiving dinner with at his restaurant Arriba! Arriba! in Rio Sur last November 29th and ran into again at Sport wings on January 20th.  I think I’ll try it sometime in the near future.

I got an email from Patricia (LAC) the pretty 54 year old lady.  In my last email I saidType text or a website address or translate a document.

It’s been so long I did not think I'd hear from you again. You are a nice lady, but you're not very talkative, so I guess you're not very interested in me.” 
Her reply was “That? Because you say this?”.  I replied back “You are a woman of few words.  Goodbye.” And she replied “goodbye”.  Actually, she spelled it “A dios” which technically would be “To God”, at least if she had capitalized the “d”.  She may not be too literate or her typing skills need work.

I had my usual chili for dinner at El Comedor de Chava.

If it seems like my life has been a little boring lately, I agree with you.  I sure hope I make some progress soon with the ladies on AFA.  If nothing changes, I plan to have lunch at FFSS on Friday followed by a trip to AFA to discuss the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment