Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday, April 18th, 2014



Last night I traded a couple emails with Teresa and sent a 1 page letter to Luz.  I’m definitely much more interested in Luz but I haven’t heard from her since our Tuesday lunch date so the ball is now in her court.  But, in the meantime, it is nice to have a little female companionship so I’m going to see Teresa at least one more time.

I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, was awakened, again I might add, at 5am by the ringing of a doorbell for someone in one of the apartments.  I finally got up at 6:30am.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Transcendence (6.7), Heaven is for Real (5.3), Bears (8.1), and Fading Gigolo (6.3).  BTW, Last year I read a similar book called Heaven is Real by Don Piper.  I was surprised by the content of one movie The Final Member (6.9), not that I’m interested; check it out for yourself on imdb.com.  LOL.  

Locally, there is only Son of God at Oviedo at 6pm that I haven’t seen.  Divergent is still playing at Los Molinos, at 2:30pm, so I might see that again tomorrow with Teresa.  

While walking down to LM I noticed traffic was much lighter than usual.  Most people are probably already in their fincas.  

At LM I found everything closed and all the tables and chairs were stacked up and only a security guard was visible.  I found Los Mejores too was closed.  I walked over to Fresca Pan and it was open so I had my usual ham & cheese pizza and coffee, then I walked over to Paisa Pan and had another coffee and a churro.

In balancing my USAA checking account I found that the one day I thought my 2 ATM withdrawals resulted in different exchange rates wasn’t true.
LM was really crowded at 1:30 when I got there.  Several of the smaller restaurants were still closed.  Lunch was the Hamburger Combo #3 at Gordog’s.

I finished Tom Clancy’s Clear and Present Danger and downloaded his The Sum of All Fears.

I spent the afternoon trying to memorize the Spanish regular verbs for “to turn on” – Prender – and “to turn off” – Apagar.

I ran into Sergio and Lydia in Viva CC on the way back to my apartment.
Teresa offered me a couple other options for tomorrow and I selected to go to Pueblito Paisa.  It is a replica of a typical Antioquia small town on Nutibara Hill in Medellin.  I will meet her at the Exito in Envigado at 1:30 and we will proceed from there.

I’ll probably just stay in tonight and have a few crackers.  Tomorrow I’ll have a good breakfast at the hotel before setting off for Envigado around lunch time.

T-shirt of the day: Picture of an owl with the words “Night is better”.

No comments:

Post a Comment