Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thursday, April 24th, 2014

Last night I played a 16 year old boy in the tournament.  He had some good moves and chances to win but didn’t always find the best move and I ended up winning pretty easily.

I went to bed at 10:15, got up once at 2:30, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 6:45.  (It rained all night, was very cool and for the first time I closed the window, my bedroom door, the louvers and the horizontal blinds.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  On my way back I bought a 6 pack of Coke for 5,400.  I now have 7,000 Exito points.

When I met with Jhon the first thing I had him do was interpret a couple of Teresa’s emails.  She is going to make a meat roll on Saturday and won’t be available until about 6pm.  She likes to watch movies at home instead of the theater so she would rather not go out to a movie.  Jhon things she really likes me.  (I did notice lots of “hugs and kisses”, and sometimes “my love” and “sweetheart” in her emails.  :)

Then I asked him to call the Clinic and inquire about my blood test and ultrasound.  He told me there is a clinic over on Carrera 84 so we headed over there to check it out.  We stopped briefly at my apartment so I could drop off my jacket and pack of Coke.  Jhon also saw my new chess table and refrigerator.  (Rhetorical question: do you think that would work with the ladies “would you like to come over to my apartment and see my refrigerator?”  Just asking!)

We stopped at Laboratorio Clinico VID at Carrera 84 #43-11 in La America; 492 66 24 and 490 49 10.  The lady there said it would be 310,200 for the blood test but I would have to go to their other location downtown at Carrera 48 #52-82; 216 22 66 and 217 17 26 for my ultrasound.

We went back to Jhon’s office and called the Urologist’s recommendation – CEDIMED at Calle 7 #39-290 in El Poblado 444 00 19.  (I think it’s about 1 block west of my eye doctor’s building.)  

For the ultrasound we made an appointment for Wednesday, may 21st at 2:40pm.  There should be someone there who speaks English, it costs 140mil, I should have no food the day of the appointment and I need to drink 6 glasses of water 1 ½ hours before (without peeing!).  That’s kind of a catch-22 isn’t it?

When I finish my ultrasound they will tell me where to go for my blood test, I don’t need an appointment and it costs 295mil for all the tests I want to have done on my blood.

Then I had Jhon call my Urologist and cancel my appointment for next Tuesday at 10am.

He answered a few of my Spanish questions and then he started testing me on the verbs.  One interesting thing I learned (light bulb!) is that Colombians can’t detect the difference be our “b” sound and our “v” sound.  I’ve been a little confused because words I’ve seen in Spanish with those letters sometimes I hear pronounced as a “b” and sometimes as a “v”.  He says it doesn’t really matter which way I pronounce them.

Back at the apartment I sent Teresa an email suggesting I meet her at Exito Envigado and we take a taxi either to the Cuban restaurant near my apartment that usually has music on the weekends or to a Colombian restaurant on Avenida 70 that has lots of lounges in the area.

I took a bus to Los Molinos and ordered meat lasagna with a small Coke and Pan Ajo for 10,800 at Pizza Doble Pizza.  The best way I could describe Pan Ajo is that they were 8 small bread sticks.  I got my monthly haircut from Juan at 2pm.  I caught a bus back and was surprised when it turned east onto Calle 35.  I’m not sure if I got on the wrong bus or it turned because it saw heavy traffic ahead (I really wasn’t paying that much attention).  I got off at Mall de Laureles when I saw it didn’t turn back up to the Exito at Avenida 80.  Maybe I was on a Circular Sur 300 bus!?

I stopped at Exito and bought a set of 4 finlandek white wine glasses for 14,900.  I know, I don’t really drink, but Jhon says the ladies expect this and I know Teresa drinks.

I got an email from Teresa and she was very pleased to accept my invitation for dinner and music Saturday night.  I will meet her at Exito Envigado at 6pm.

It’s now time to get something to eat and head on over to Dario’s building.

T-shirt of the day: Too fucking nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment