Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tuesday, April 15th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 9pm, got up 4 times during the night, the 5th time was at 5am, I finally woke/got up at 6:45 feeling pretty good.

Today is Income Tax Day!

Well, today is my lunch date with Luz Amparo.  She is supposed to meet me at Exito Laureles by 1pm, we go downtown for lunch, we go to her apartment and I’m not sure what happens after that but I’ll try to be prepared for anything.  You know, just in case she attacks me or something.  :)

Here’s what I know about her from her profile: she’s 55, 5’3”, 121#, 36-26-37, brown hair, brown eyes, no children, doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, university graduate, and is a lawyer.  Her self description: “I am loving, great talker, helpful, true, sincere, with a good sense of humor and intelligent.”  What she is looking for: “I look for a sincere and loving man who enjoys sports and traveling.  Up to 80.”  Keep in mind the profile is probably close to 10 years old; the only fact that is updated regularly is her age. 

I just hope one of these dates, Luz Amparo or Teresa, will turn out to be a serious one for me.

It’s been a busy morning so far.  I stopped at the Tinto store and luckily caught Beatriz outside cleaning the sidewalk.  I gave her my dirty laundry, told her no shirts to be ironed this time, and that I would like it back next Tuesday.  She said no problem.  As long as I was there I had a coffee while I ogled the young ladies working there.  Lol.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chiva while I studied some of my Spanish verbs.  Again I saw that pretty bird flying from chair to chair looking for handouts.  The other birds, mostly small doves, walk on the floor looking for scraps.  This one seems to be more intelligent as you can see it moving its head from side to side evaluating things.  I put a piece of egg on the edge of the table and a minute later it flew in and grabbed a piece and flew off.  It returned again a minute later for the rest.  It’s interesting how you can feel the power in its wings as it dives and flies away.

I walked about 3 blocks south to the man who repairs watches and he put an extra hole in my leather watch band, no charge.  I stopped in the Viva CC food court and studied my verbs again from the beginning; it took about 45 minutes to go through the entire set and I got about half of them right.  I have to bring another bag so next time I can separate those I know from those I don’t.

I received a text message yesterday, in Spanish, from a number I didn’t recognize and later I forgot to translate it.  Today I got another message from the same number and this time it was signed Luz.  I had given her my number but she hadn’t given me hers.  Yesterday’s message was just confirming we were meeting today at Exito at 1pm and asking if my house is close to that Exito.  Hmm, could this be an indication of some type of change in today’s plan?  Today’s message was just wondering why I didn’t answer her yesterday – am I so busy?  I replied by way of several messages so as to not have a long one that would get lost somehow.  Wouldn’t you know it, the last message I tried to send I ran out of minutes.  I went down to the corner store and added 10mil to my account.  On the way there was a small religious parade with children carrying statues of the saints and Mother Mary through the street.  I resent the message and a few minutes later Luz replied “ok”.  And then she sent me another message giving me her phone number.  Duh! I’ve already got it!  

When I got back to the apartment I found a message under my door from Marcela.  She didn’t understand the last part of my message from last night.  I sent her another one asking if she would be available tomorrow night at 7pm.  I’m thinking my lunch date with Teresa isn’t going to take all day.
Once again, things didn’t turn out as planned.  :(

I was at Viva CC by 12:45 and Luz called me at 12:55 to tell me, I think, that she would be 10 minutes late.  It was about then that it started pouring hard outside.  She called me about 1:15 to tell me she was there.  I said where and all I understood was Juan Valdez so I walked over to the Juan Valdez and she wasn’t there.  I called her again and she said she was at Oma outside Exito.  I walked over to a security guard and asked where Oma was and he pointed to the cafĂ© that I always thought was called GMA.  What do you think?



I walked over to it, didn’t see her and called her again.  She insisted she was there.  I repeated that I’m at Oma, next to Exito in Viva CC.  Finally she told me she is in Los Molinos.  I asked her to drive north a little ways to Viva CC and I would be there.

She finally arrived just before 2pm.  She called to me from a distance and my first impression as she walked towards me was that her figure was as nice as any I’ve seen in Medellin.  She was in black slacks, high heels, and a sheer but multilayered blouse.  She did tell me in one of her letters “I have very good health and I have a good figure because I like to feel me sexy.”  She has a nice looking face that is still attractive.  Interestingly, after she sat down next to me, and for the rest of the afternoon I didn’t feel nervous or self conscious at all and I basically forgot about her beautiful figure.    I asked her if she was ready to go and she said where.  I said Centro and she said no her brother is in the clinic (hospital) so we ended up eating there at Sarku’s.  I had the usual weekday special of Teriyaki Chicken and she had the chicken, no rice, no drink, the vegetables and chicken tempura.  I remember she said that she eats healthy.  The total was only 19,800.  After we ate I showed her my Spanish notebook and she showed genuine interest and asked for various Spanish words in English even trying to pronounce some of them.  I think she said her brother is going to have surgery.  I tried unsuccessfully to get a good Wi-Fi connection so we could use the translator.  Then she asked if she could see my apartment. 

We went up to the upstairs parking area to her car.  It turns out she doesn’t have a car, this was her sister’s.  I also learned she has 2 brothers and 3 sisters or maybe vice versa and that her apartment is 1 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.  We had to drive all the way down to San Juan (Calle 44) in order to turn around and even then it wasn’t that easy.  She parked in front of the next building and we went inside.  She never really commented on the apartment but she did zero in on the chess table.  She asked where the pieces were and I showed her that they were in the drawer.  I took some out and she started setting them up and we ended up playing a game.  She wasn’t bad, but not tournament strength player, but I was happy to see she took it seriously.  She asked me if any of the other amigas (I think she meant girlfriends) played chess and I said no.  After a few exchanges she didn’t notice for a while that I was up (ahead) a knight.  At 4pm she said she had to leave, I believe to go to the clinic, and she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek (Colombian tradition).  I asked her as she left “hasta pronto?” “see you soon” and she made a motion with her thumb and forefinger showing them close together so I guess that means soon.  She seems like a nice lady and I like that she’s intelligent.

For my “dinner” I had 2 churros and a cup of coffee at Paisa Pan.  The rain had almost stopped but I’m glad it was still misting as it reminded me that I had left my portable umbrella on my table.

T-shirt of the day: Sexy and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment