Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tuesday, April 8th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, took a while to get to sleep, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:45 and got up at 6:30.  

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores and Jhon arrived a few minutes after I did.  I told him I forgot to tell him yesterday that there will be no Spanish class today because my house cleaner will be there until 1pm or 2pm and my chess table is being delivered at 3pm.  

I saw Beatriz right away by the Tinto store and picked up my clean laundry.  I told her I would have more dirty clothes for her next Tuesday.  (It might be better to be on a biweekly basis instead of twice a month because the day will be more of a routine; every Tuesday I will be either dropping off dirty laundry or picking up clean laundry.)  I stopped at Likkes to order lunch and then had a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.

Olga arrived right at 9am.  I have been having a little trouble with one of my plants.  I thought it was just dry leaves but she showed me little critters on them.  She poured some soapy water on the plant and wrote something about poison on my laptop that I need Jhon to interpret.

I got a call on my cell phone but I didn’t understand much except it was a reminder for my 3:30 appointment tomorrow with the opthamologist.
In Chess Magnet School I was promoted to Overlord.  There are only 2 higher titles.

Jhon responded to my email: “She says: Look for a poison as soon as possible becouse those little animals can kill your plants.

So, go to a farm store to buy it. Thre is one going down San Juan street, on the right side and before the 70th carrera.”

Today Olga took down, washed, dried and reset the curtains and even washed my Punta Cana baseball cap better than I’ve ever done.  She finished and left at 1:15.

Juan arrived at 2:45 and brought up the table very carefully protected in paper and cardboard.  It is beautiful and very sturdily made.  Here are some pictures:



Next I want to order 2 cane chairs to be made for it.  Remember when I say a man making them last year and I got his business card?  I believe they cost 100mil each.

I haven’t heard from Luz in awhile so I sent her a quick “how are you” email.

I cut through Viva mall and again didn’t see Gloria.  I think she may have been transferred to another location.  

I had dinner at Boogaloo restaurant on the other side of Avenida Nutibara.  It had a nice ambience (nice place to take a lady), kind of a fancy menu, and I think it might be the restaurant owned by Gary and his wife.

Back at the apartment I had an answer from Luz.  Yes, she has been working hard but always has time for me.  She said she should be able to meet me next Tuesday at Los Molinos CC instead of SantaFe.

One of the expats got robbed the other day – in Bogota - and here is his series of postings explaining what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment