Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday, April 20th, 2014

Last night I went to bed at 11:15pm and woke up at 7:15am.  Wow, that’s the way it should be every night!


Happy Easter everyone!


I emailed Teresa the pictures from yesterday’s trip to Pueblito Paisa.


I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava: a large arepa topped with a slice of cheese, beans mixed with rice, scrambled eggs and coffee.  They also bring a little basket with napkins, silverware, and a piece of candy.  I always keep the candy to give to the ladies; just another way I enjoy flirting with them. 


I copied more of my Spanish words from my little notebook to my large notebook, studied more of my verbs, and read some more from my Nook.


The 2014 World Cup is being held in Brazil.  Colombia last played in the WC in 1998 so their appearance there is a BFD here in this country of soccer crazed fans.  I understand they are one of 32 teams that will be playing from mid-June to mid-July in Brazil.  To commemorate (or take advantage of) that there is a Brazil album you can get with pages where you put stickers for all the players for each of the teams.  You buy packages of the stickers for the players (without any bubble gum).  I saw a couple going through what looks like almost a complete album and writing down the players they still need.


I left just before noon and cutting through Viva I saw Juliana the security guard.  Before I could say “que mas” she said it to me (literally it means “what else or what more” but it’s the local version of “what’s happening”).  She asked me something about my brother that I didn’t understand.  I gave her the one piece of candy I had and she asked me something about my girlfriend.  I told her I don’t have a girlfriend.  From sign language I understood she thinks she saw me with somebody.  I guess it could have been either Reina, Luz Amparo or Teresa.  Again I said I don’t have a girlfriend and she crossed her arms like she didn’t believe me.  I crossed my arms and stared at her and we both broke out laughing and I said goodbye.


Back at the apartment I had 3 emails from LAC.  You can see varying amounts of interest from the ladies, from: “Viewed my profile”, “Is interested in me”, or “I’m their favorite”.  Very few of them do I consider attractive and most of those live in another country or Colombian city.


About 3:30 I went over to Pizza Americana and ordered my usual.  Gonzalo stopped by and if I understood him correctly there is a family that only had a 4 month lease on their house and is now living in a tent.  He wanted to know if I needed someone to wash my clothes – no, I have Beatriz – or to clean my apartment – no, I have Olga.


A family sat at a table across from me.  They had a small dog on a leash that the father looped around his leg to keep it under control.  There was a piece of food left over from the next table that it tried to reach.  He got down on his stomach and stretched out one paw but came up about 4 inches short.  He finally got it when the father got up to leave after they finished their pizza.


I got a brainstorm that I would be able to learn the Spanish verbs quicker if I had actual flash cards on my iPad.  When I got back to my apartment I found a Flash Card Maker app on my iPad for $3.99.  At first it wouldn’t allow me to make the purchase because the address on file in my iPad didn’t match the address at my bank.  After I remembered I had changed my bank address to my MBE address I was able to update it on my iPad to match.


I downloaded it successfully but then had trouble figuring out how to get it to work.  I’ve formatted my word list on my laptop now I need to figure out how to import it through iTunes to my iPad.


T-shirt of the day: No Taxation without Representation

No comments:

Post a Comment