Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014



Last night I got to Dario’s by 7 (thank God the rain had almost stopped) but the games didn’t begin until a little after 7:30.

I had little difficulty wining my first game.  I had played the same man some months ago and he has gotten better and played very seriously.  He overlooked something and I was up a pawn early.  A little later I attacked a knight and it looked like he might lose a rook if he tried to defend it but there was a way out but it was difficult to see and he missed it.

Dario told me that one of the men there is very strong so I might be meeting him in the championship.

I went to bed at 10pm, had difficulty getting to sleep because of outside noises, got up 4 or 5 times during the night, and finally woke/got up at 6:50am.

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores at 8am, followed by coffee at the Tinto store where I met Beatriz and picked up my clean laundry.  I told her I would have more dirty laundry for her next Tuesday.  I received a call to remind me about today’s refrigerator delivery but of course I didn’t understand anything.  I ordered lunch from Likke’s followed by a glass of orange juice at Redd’s.  I stopped at Jhon’s and he told me Exito called and my refrigerator will be delivered today but they couldn’t tell me what time.

I got back to the apartment just before 9am and Olga was waiting for me.  I gave her instructions not to use soap on the chess table and not to move it without lifting it.  Of course I gave her a heads up that my refrigerator is being delivered today and she told me I really need one.  She told me to buy some shampoo for cloth furniture and next time she would clean my small sofa.

I had an email from Teresa telling me she was back at her finca and it was cold and very rainy.  She recommended I always carry an umbrella because you never know when it might start raining.

It’s been 2 weeks do I sent another letter to Rubi asking her to approve my IMBRA so I can get her email address and thus her cell phone number and then I can have Jhon call her and arrange a meeting.

Olga finished cleaning at 1pm.

I found my Simple Flash Cards app in iTunes but nothing happens when I click on it.  I also found a menu option called Add File to Library which I selected for my Spanish verb file but I don’t know where it put it or how to access it.  I can’t even find Quizlet that I accessed Sunday night.

I finally realized that the cable I use to recharge my iPad can be used to connect to my laptop.  I did that and then in iTunes on my laptop I selected “File, Devices and Sync Terry’s iPad”.  Then I clicked on the Apps header button and then “Home Sharing”.  I’m supposed to be able to see the Simple Flash Cards app listed but it isn’t there.

I finally clicked on “Show in iTunes Store” and I can see it listed as an already downloaded app. 

I finally figured out how to see the Spanish Regular Verbs I created on Quizlet by going to their website on my laptop.

Back on iTunes on my laptop I selected “Transferring Purchases from Terry’s iPad” and it took some time to download 90 apps from my iPad to my laptop.  I guess this is considered a backup.

The men arrived with my refrigerator at 2:40, brought it upstairs, unpacked it, set it in place, and installed the handle.   I didn’t think beforehand which side the handle would be on but it turned out to be on the correct side.  They told me I have to wait 3 hours before I plug it in; something needs to settle inside.  They left at 2:50 and one of the guys said “good afternoon” in English.  Unfortunately, they left all the Styrofoam and plastic packing materials here and the next collection day isn’t until Friday.  Now I need to find another place to keep my step stool, wastebasket, broom, dustpan and mop but at least now I have a refrigerator.

I had a Subway sandwich and BK shake for dinner at Viva CC.  I bought a bottle of shampoo at Exito for 11,230.

I got an answer already to an email I sent requesting help with transferring my Spanish text file to my iPad.

It’s time to leave for tonight’s chess match.

T-shirt of the day: On the front: Beach Patrol; on the back: SPF Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment