Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:15, got up once at 1am, woke up at 5:45am and got up at 6am.

Even though I still have difficulty sleeping through the night I feel much better during the day, perhaps due to the eyedrops the Opthamologist recommended for me.

Today is the last day of the month and I still have a little cash left in my checking accounts.  I hope the deposits start today so I can afford the trip downtown tomorrow.

Two doves, one after the other, landed on my railing, took one look at me staring at them 6 feet away, turned around and flew off.  Lol.

2 of my small pension deposits have been made.  Yeah!

I took a little cash out of my account on my way to breakfast.  I had my usual at El Comedor de Chava followed by an orange juice at Redd’s. 

During my Spanish lesson Jhon concentrated on the 3 Spanish verbs that replace our “to have” – tener, haber, and deber.

When I got back to my apartment I saw a man for the utility company reading the meters in front of our building.

At 1pm a heavy thunderstorm came through.  I was lucky I was at the apartment so I could close all the windows and louvers.  It’s unbelievable how people can leave their homes without an umbrella.  I often see them walking down the street completely soaked.  On the other hand it’s only water but I hope they are on their way home so they can take off their wet things.  I often see people standing at the entrance to Viva CC waiting for the rain to stop so I guess these spring showers usually don’t last long.  This is probably too much for even my portable umbrella; I would need my large one for wind and rain as hard as this.  

I added $50 to my A Foreign Affair account anticipating I will receive a letter from Rubi in the near future.

1:40pm, although there’s still dark clouds overhead, the storm appears to have ended.  I think I’d better head out to lunch while I have the chance.
I paid my medical insurance for May at BanColombia upstairs at Exito.

At 2:30 I had the Solomito (skirt steak) at Sanjote with mango juice for 16.5mil.  I don’t know why I bother; Colombians must have the strongest jaws in the world.  To me the steak here is unchewable.

I think I’ll make a little popcorn tonight before I go over to Dario’s for tonight’s chess game.

T-shirt of the day: Too Cute for Words

No comments:

Post a Comment