Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday, May 1st, 2014



Last night there wasn’t any opponent for me at the tournament so Dario and I just played a number of 10 minute games using my chess clock.  All I can say is I won at least my share.

As I was leaving I told Dario I would see him tomorrow night but he said “no, tomorrow is a holy day” so we’ll meet again on Friday.  But maybe he meant “holiday”.

Back at my apartment I went back and updated my blog with my April 15th meeting with Luz Amparo because I didn’t really do her justice.  I’ve repeated the changes here so you don’t have to go back and look it up:
“She called to me from a distance and my first impression as she walked towards me was that her figure was as nice as any I’ve seen in Medellin.  She was in black slacks, high heels, and a sheer but multi-layered blouse.  She did tell me in one of her letters “I have very good health and I have a good figure because I like to feel me sexy.”  She also has a nice looking face that is very attractive.  Interestingly, after she sat down next to me, and for the rest of the afternoon, I didn’t feel nervous or self conscious at all and basically forgot about her beautiful figure.”  

I went to bed at 10:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30am.

I was up and out so early I walked over to Los Mejores and had my usual coffee and croissant.  Traffic was MUCH lighter than usual and that’s when I realized that it was a holiday (May 1st) and people were sleeping in.  I walked over to Redd’s but there wasn’t any orange juice stand.  I went to LM and studied for a bit until my Spanish class.  I think Lucas coached his young female cook because she came over to my table and said “good morning” and started laughing because she didn’t know anything more.  I told Lucas “if she knew 6 more words of English I would marry her”.

I had some difficulties in Spanish class today.  English is structured in that you say “I like Maria” or “Maria likes me”.  I can almost accept “Maria I like” but “I Maria like” in Spanish I have trouble with.  Jhon’s going to try to find a different way to introduce me to that subject and we’ll try again on Monday.

Jhon also interpreted my email from Teresa.  Apparently the rib place she had in mind isn’t open any longer.

After class on my way back to my apartment I saw I had a call from Harry about 10am.  I tried to call him back but I think I ran out of minutes.

I had to wait 10 minutes to catch a Simon Bolivar bus and thought I would be that late but there was almost no traffic and got downtown only 2 minutes late.  Interestingly, I noticed as we passed the park of lights about 100 policemen in their green uniforms, a dozen on horseback and several dozens dressed entirely in black like ninjas (local SWAT team?).  When I got off the bus downtown Reina’s mother was there to meet me.  Apparently Reina wasn’t feeling well so her mother took me a block away to Pan y Ricuras at Carrera 50 #46-96 and we had lunch upstairs on their patio.  (On the way several motorcycles passed with a policeman on the front and a ninja on the back.)  We both had bandeja paisa (chicharron for her and pork for me) and a juice for a total of 25,400.  All the stores were closed so I guess I’ll have to wait to get my umbrella fixed.

I was back at my apartment by 2pm and we had a short rainstorm 20 minutes later.

I found the remainder of my deposits for the month in my checking account.

I stopped at the corner store and added 10mil to my phone.  A/N was playing some team whose name I didn’t recognize, the first half was almost over and they were losing 1-0 and the guys were going crazy with each shot on goal.

For dinner I had a bowl of chili and a mango juice at El Comedor de Chava.  At one point there was a roar a few feet away as A/N tied up the score.  That ended up being the final.

T-shirt of the day: Guns don’t kill people.  Dads with pretty daughters kill people.

No comments:

Post a Comment