Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday, May 21st, 2014



Last night I watched Emperor on Netflix.  Interesting!

I went to bed at 10pm, got up 3 times during the night, finally getting up at 6:15.  At least I’m falling asleep rather quickly.

At Exito I took some cash out of the ATM and bought a serregated knife for 11,900 and a set of shears for lopping off small branches of my plants for 8,900.

Viva mall has streamers up with pennants hanging from them.  Each pennant represents one of the sections for the upcoming World Cup and has the flags of the 4 teams in that section.  I believe the World Cup starts in about a month – mid June to mid July.  The town should be hopping then!

After my Spanish class I took a bus to Calle 5 in El Poblado and walked up the street to Cedimed for my ultrasound and blood draw.  I stopped at a small cafeteria and from 1:15 to 2:15 I drank 3 600ml bottles of water.  I am also not supposed to pee before my test.  Luckily, when I went into Cedimed they found a lady (Daniela from the marketing department) who spoke English to help me.  She took me across the street to their clinic where she helped me with registration.  I paid 145mil for the ultrasound and I was happy that I could charge it to my debit card.  They told me they couldn't do the blood draw today because more than 12 hours had passed since I last ate.  That's the first time I ever heard about that.  She told me to come back tomorrow morning before 9:30am.  

She took me into a waiting area for my ultrasound.  45 minutes later I couldn't wait any longer and went into the nearby restroom.  5 minutes later a lady came out to bring me in for my ultrasound but I told her that she was too late because I already peed.  She gave me a cup and told me to drink more water.  Over the next 20 minutes I drank 12 (4 ounce) cups of water and I had to pee again.  Finally, 15 minutes later she called me in and she took an ultrasound of my kidneys, my bladder and my prostate.  She told me to pee and come back for more pictures.  I ran to the restroom and when I got back she said there is still more urine in my bladder and to try to void myself more.  I went back but nothing more came out.  She took more pictures and told me to wait outside.  She said it normally takes 45 minutes to get me the results but she would hurry it up and I should have them in 20 minutes.  One hour later I finally found someone to complain too.  A man there who speak some English talked to them and told me the secretary made a mistake and I would have them in 10 minutes.  (I peed again twice over that hour.)  5 minutes later they came out with them.  The only nice thing was that there were a lot of nice looking ladies walking around.

I walked up the hill to FFSS to get something to eat and was surprised that the umbrella tables weren’t out.  The lady told me that they are closed because of some problem in the kitchen but they would be open at 8am tomorrow.

I walked down Calle 10, had an arequipe sugar donut (churro) for about 600COP and an empanada for 1mil.

I had to get off the bus again near the Belen library for another trip to the restroom.

Back at the apartment I had a bowl of cereal.  

T-shirt of the day: Okay?  Okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment