Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday, May 15th, 2014


Yesterday Dario agreed to come to my apartment today at 2pm to play some chess.

Last night I found this buffalo tree hopper on my kitchen stove top.  At least that’s what I think it is.  That’s what I would call it if I saw it in the States.


At 10pm it started raining.

I went to bed at 10:30, took a little while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 6:45 feeling pretty good.

I had an orange juice at Redd’s followed by my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Lucas, who always want to help me speak Spanish said “Como amaneciste?”.  I assumed this was some version of good morning but Lucas was unable to give me a good explanation.  

At my Spanish lesson Jhon told me it’s a combination of how did you sleep and how are you this morning, kind of “How are you this morning after the night?”.  About yesterday, Monica says she’s 37 but he thinks she’s fibbing about her age.  He believes she’s closer to 45 which is about right for how I thought she looked.  I told him to tell her I think she’s too young for me and see if she revises her age upwards.  Lol.

When I got back to the apartment I found the Une and EPM bills on the stairs; my utility bill was 70,203 (I was paying 105,000 downstairs) and my communication bill was 72,964 (down from 110,000).

At Burger King I had a whopper and medium Pepsi for 13,600.  I stopped at Exito to renew my prostate medication for the next 30 days but they were out of it.  The lady at the pharmacy said to try again later or tomorrow.  As long as I was there I bought a 2 liter container of orange juice, so I would have something besides Coke to offer Dario, for 12,360 and a liter of milk for 2,170.

Back at the apartment Dario came over a little early about 1:40.  I reminded him I’ve won 7 games in a row against him.  I finally won the coin flip and had white for the first game.  I put 60 minutes on each clock and he made a mistake right away that gave me a bishop for a pawn.  I won about an hour later (#8).  I then had black, I put 45 minutes on each clock and it was a very close game where I was finally able to queen a pawn in the endgame and he resigned (#9).  For the last game I put 30 minutes on each clock and I was able to open up his kingside so he wouldn’t want to castle there and when he attacked my queen I took a pawn on the queenside and would pick up his rook on the next move so he resigned (#10).

The girl I got a massage from last week was black (or very brown) and she asked me if I prefer morena (or was it marrĂ³n?) women or white women.  Thinking I like women with a good tan I said morena.  I googled morena and found a scientific study that basically found that morena is the same as black; or should I say that black people, at least in South America, consider themselves to be either negro or moreno almost interchangably.
More on that in a separate post.

I got an email from Teresa.  She told me she really likes the look of the hotel in Guatape.  She gave me the name of some natural drops called Passionflower that should help me sleep.  I’ll look for it in the natural supplements store in Viva CC.  Again she confirmed that I will wait for her outside Viva by the taxi stand on Saturday at 5pm.

I had a bowl of cereal for my dinner and later I’m going to make some popcorn and watch a movie.
T-shirt of the day: Thing 1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment