Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday, May 4th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, it took a little while to fall asleep, I got up at 5am and took 2 Excedrin Migraine and finally woke/got up at 7:45.

Yesterday I saw men setting up for a party at the community center.  Today everything was gone except a few red and blue pieces of paper on the ground.

As I entered Mall de Laureles I saw a worker standing on a table with a long pole trying to wrap it around the string attached to a children’s mylar balloon.  A few minutes later he had it down.

This morning I had something different for breakfast.  At Pasabocas Krocantes I had a small coffee and Palitos de Queso (literally, small bread with cheese) for 4mil.  

I practiced some Spanish until Harry arrived.  He explained he had a lot of trouble with his computer which is why he was going back and forth between LM and Exito yesterday.

He is still having some troubles and I agreed to come to his “office” at 2:30 on Tuesday.  I hurriedly packed up and left about 10:35 because Teresa was to arrive at 11am with her daughter.  

As I was walking through the park I heard something and when I looked towards the other end of the park I saw Teresa and Laura.  We walked to my apartment where I showed Laura the apartment and Teresa took note of what she might need to make lunch.  Luckily she thought I had everything except food.  We walked down to Exito and bought all the food and it only cost me 60,630 which I charged to my debit card.

Back at the apartment she started preparing lunch while I watered the plants and took care of other things.  Laura, like most American kids, played with her cell phone.

Teresa made chicken legs with mushrooms and a large salad.  We all had Coca Cola with it.

Afterwards, Teresa and Laura quickly cleaned up, Teresa took a nap, and I gave Laura a chess lesson.  She was familiar with how the pieces moved, I just had to reminder her about things like castling and pawn promotion.  We played 4 or 5 games, I gave her some tips, and she improved somewhat as the games went on.  After Teresa’s nap, I showed them some photos on my laptop that included my 1st and 2nd wives.  Then we each had a small pastry that we had bought at Exito.

About 5pm we took a bus to the Aguacatala metro station and as we were walking up the stairs Teresa recognized a bus below that she could use to get much closer to her mother’s house in Envigado.  We waited about 5-10 minutes for the next bus and then they left.

I’m going to stay home tonight, take a shower, make some popcorn and watch a movie on my laptop.



T-shirt of the day: No animal testing on this shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment