Saturday, May 31, 2014

Saturday, May 31st, 2014




Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night at 4am and woke/got up at 6:45am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  

I stopped at Viva CC to withdraw some money but Davivienda rejected my request with an Invalid Transaction message but, thankfully, I was successful using an ATH ATM machine.  I waited in line at the bank for 30 minutes to deposit my June medical insurance payment to the proper account.  

Near as I can tell from their sign, the bank’s hours are:
Monday thru Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Extended hours: 4:30pm-7pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5pm
Extended hours: 5pm-7pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 5pm.
I have no idea how the “extended hours” work; maybe they are summer hours? Lol.

I went back to LM and studied some more Spanish notes until 1:30.  I stopped at the apartment for a few minutes and then on to Pizza Americana where I had my usual pizza.

I stayed in the apartment for the rest of the day.

I exchanged some emails with Bob.  He’s still in Floresta; turns out he didn’t need to return to the States but SS claims they overpaid him in 2012 so they haven’t been paying him for the last 2 ½ months.  Scary, especially if that was their mistake!

I checked the local theaters and found:
Edge of Tomorrow (8.2) at El Tesoro (3D), Oviedo, SantaFe, and Vizcaya.
Maleficent (7.5) at El Tesoro (3D).

Since Monday is a holiday here I’ll probably see one of those movies after my Spanish class and I meet with Reina for lunch.

For “dinner” I had a bowl of cereal and then made some popcorn which I ate while watching some TV series on Netflix.

T-shirt of the day: The sky was never a limit.


No comments:

Post a Comment