Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up twice during the night, woke up at 5:50am and got up at 6:30am.

On my way to Los Mejores for my usual coffee and croissant I noticed a couple of horses in the small park near the corner store and Tinto store.  The obvious owner was sitting a little ways away and the untethered horses were busy eating grass.

I successfully made a withdrawal from my usual ATM using my Citibank card so at least I don’t have to worry about that being a problem.

I emailed Reina to confirm when Dylan graduates from school and she told me July so I only have 2 more months to pay his tuition.

The movie Draft Day, here called Final Decision, (7.0) is playing in Oviedo at 1:40pm and it’s also playing in El Tesoro.  Someday I’ll take the time to figure out how to get to El Tesoro by bus; probably from the Monterrey CC as I believe it might just be straight up the mountain from there.

After my Spanish class I went back to my apartment and I left at 12:30.  I was at Oviedo CC by 1:10 buying my general admission ticket to Final Decision for 4,500.  I bought my usual small popcorn and large Pepsi for 12,100.   In the theater there were only 2 other people – 2 ladies – one interestingly sitting 3 seats down from me in the same row.  

During the coming attraction for Tom Cruise’s Edge of Tomorrow the film suddenly stopped.  I waited about 30 seconds and then walked down the aisle and out of the theater where I found an usher.  I told her the film isn’t working and asked her to come with me.  I was hoping I wouldn’t be embarrassed to find the film playing again because I certainly wouldn’t have been able to explain myself.  It still wasn’t working so she got on her walkie talkie and the movie started again a couple minutes later.  It stopped again but at least this time the usher had stuck around so she just called the projectionist again.  When they finally restarted the film they had skipped all the shorts and coming attractions and went straight to the main feature.  In the meantime I had struck up a conversation with my nearby neighbor.  She said she didn’t speak English but when I said she must really be an American football fan to come see this movie, she laughed.  She is a high school teacher of Spanish and she was very interested in how long I had been here, what work I am doing, and how my Spanish is progressing.  I gave her one of Jhon’s business cards.

During the movie I made 2 trips to the restroom at the recommended RunPee.com times.  I enjoyed the movie but of course there were some obviously ridiculous parts.

After the movie I walked down to MBE and on the way I saw a young man standing in the street in front of stopped traffic twirl a basketball on his finger, transfer it to the point of his umbrella, open the umbrella and then attempt, twice unsuccessfully, to balance it all on his chin.

At MBE I paid 30mil for next month’s mail service and picked up the 50 business cards with my name, email address, and cell phone number that I had ordered from VistaPrint on May 7th.  I had to pay an extra 4,500COP fee for their delivery.

I walked across the street and back a couple blocks to Linear Park.  I followed it up the hill through trees and along a stream where finally I recognized I was even with Parque Lleras.  I walked up a few more blocks to FFSS and had a burger and Coke.  I learned that Chris doesn’t own the restaurant any longer.  He moved to Tallahassee (sp?) Florida.  Something about finding a house for his mother, and his wife, still here, is to join him there soon.

Walking down to the bus stop I noticed the sign in the window of a Laureles 133 bus lists Vizcaya CC as one of its stops.

When I got back to the apartment I had an email from AFA that I have a letter from Rubi.  Since it’s through AFA and not a direct mail I’m expecting it’s a Dear John letter.  I’m going to check now.  She said:

Hello Terry.
I answered the last email that you sent me but now I see that my email could have with some problem because the email didn't get to the agency.
I thought you already had someone but I was waiting for you.
I am a little sick at this moment with pain in the right arm for at least a month, tomorrow I will ask the doctor for an appointment; thanks to GOD, my family is well.
I'm glad to hear from you.
We can make an appointment. Does it cost much to do it through the agency?
My telephone is xxxxxxxx - cell phone xxxxxxxx.
I will try to sign the IMBRA form in a few days, I will take time to sign it and send it.
I take so much time to write you because I am a distracted person so I cannot use internet in my job because it distracts me. I am a very responsible person and I don't like living in a world trapped by technology.
I'm lazy too and I like to rest, I enjoy my bed and the tranquility.
How are you? How have you been?
Good luck and see you soon.
Rubi

She sent me 2 more pictures that cost me $3.50 each to see and $9.99 to read her letter.  In the first picture I didn’t see that beautiful smile and the second was too distant to make her out clearly.  I think this lady is a little too flighty for me.  She just doesn’t seem interested enough to pursue a relationship in a timely and serious manner.

I received an email from Teresa.  We’re meeting outside the Envigado Exito on Friday at 2pm.  I have no idea what we’re doing after that but Jhon told me that in yesterday’s email to me she said something about her needing to see a lawyer.  Sunday we are meeting at the same place at 9am and we’re going to Parque Arvi.

T-shirt of the day: Griswold Family Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment