Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thursday, May 22nd, 2014



Last night A/N must have won some important game because I heard lots of cheers and celebration starting at 9pm.  At 10pm I put in ear plugs, closed the door and louvers in my bedroom and went to bed.  I got up 3 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30am.

I took a Circular Sur 302 bus at 7:30 and was a little surpised the bus was only ½ full when I got on.  Just passed Calle 30 I noticed a man on a motorcycle who appeared to be kissing his woman who was standing on the median strip.  The bus stopped to pick up passengers and I heard a crunch.  I looked back and saw that a van had hit the motorcycle.  He probably was trying to get around the bus and didn’t see it.  I was at Cedimed by 8:10.  I paid the 291,100 ($151.52) fee for my blood tests using my debit card.  

After a 10 minute wait they took me into a separate room and a lady efficiently and painlessly took 3 vials of my blood.  They told me the results should be ready by 6pm tonight or I can pick them up tomorrow.  I was out by 8:40.  Yesterday they gave me a coupon I could use at a cafeteria.  I thought it was the one attached to the building but they sent me to the next building where there was a nice outdoor café.  I had an apple & spice muffin and small coffee.  Since they had signs on their pastries I wrote down the names of a few to check on later: rollito de canela, almojabana, pandequeso, politos de queso and croqueta de pollo.

I walked down the block to Avenida Poblado and as I was walking north I recognized a park I had seen in my Medellin Tourist Guide 2014 but I hadn’t known where it was.  (Today I was walking on the east side of the street where usually I’m walking on the west side.)  It’s called La Presidenta Linear Park.  A little further, across from MBE, I saw an ATH ATM machine although I would rather not take money out in such a public place – right on the street.

I stopped at MBE and they gave me the May issue of Chess Life and 2 envelopes: one from New in Chess and the other must be my monthly Sears pension advice statement.

I walked down to Avenida Las Vegas and caught a bus back to Viva CC.  I had a glass of orange juice at Redd’s, dropped some things off at the apartment and then had what was left of my Spanish lesson from 10:30 to noon.

I had the chicken teriyaki at Sarku’s then studied at LM a little.  Harry showed up about 2pm.  He’s supposed to give me information about some new law that says I have to pay an extra 50mil every month toward my house cleaner’s social security.

I finally remembered to call Ana about the Thursday night English club.  (If you don’t remember her see Anna in the February 22nd posting.)  She said she was in class and I should call her back at 4:30.  A few minutes later I sent her a text message with my email address and I asked her to send me the address later and I’ll try to make next Thursday’s meeting.

At 4:30 I left my apartment and caught a Circular Sur 302 and I’ve never seen traffic so bad in this direction before.  By the time I got off the bus it was 5:45 and there was no way I was going to be able to have dinner at the FFSS before they close at 6pm.  I stopped at the kiosk and had a hot and fresh empanada.  I picked up my blood results at Cedimed at 6:20.  (In the US that would have taken several days.)  I stopped at another store on the way back and bought 2 churros and then another empanada.  I just finished them by the time I got back to Las Vegas where I caught a Circular Sur 303 bus back home.

I have been exchanging a few emails with a 48 year old lady named Salem (on her LAC profile) but she told me her real name is Liliana.  We are meeting tomorrow at 4pm at Mayorca CC in/at/near the Itagui metro station.

T-shirt of the day: We are the superlative conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment