Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8th, 2014


Last night I got to the tournament right at 7pm.  Dario showed me on the sheet that I have 4 ½ points and the other guy has 5 points.  The man I was to play is the same man I lost to last week.  Again I got the black pieces but I played more carefully and it was a very close game.  I finally got up a pawn but I had to give it back to open the center and soon I got it back again.  I had basically a rook and knight to try to guide my pawn down for queening and he had the same to resist.  After 2 ½ hours of playing I wasn’t tired but I was getting a little cold; the temperature must have fallen into the 60’s and I was still in a t-shirt.  Finally, after 3 hours he made a mistake, I forked his king and rook with my knight and he resigned immediately.  I don’t live in their building so I guess I’m the unofficial champion of the tournament – adult section.

I went to bed at 11pm, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 5 and got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at Los Mejores followed by a little studying at LM.

Dario called me during my Spanish lesson to find out who won last night and he congratulated me when I told him I did.

For lunch I had a ham sandwich and the rest of my milk, which sure tastes better when it’s cold.

Dinner was another ham sandwich and my last package of crackers.

I stayed home to watch Round 1 of the the NFL draft on Chicago Bears Live on their official website.  With the 14th pick in the NFL draft the Chicago Bears selected 6’ 190# Kyle Fuller CB from Virginia Tech. 

T-shirt of the day: Show me your heart

No comments:

Post a Comment