Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, May 6th, 2014



Last night I sent an email to my dentist.  I’ve had a sore spot, on and off, on one area of my gum since he cleaned my teeth last month but I may have possibly aggravated it with a toothpick.

Just when things were looking up: I went to bed at 11pm, didn’t fall asleep until after 1:30am, got up once at 4:30, and finally woke/got up at 6:45.  Sigh!

I received a reply from my dentist to see him today at 3:30pm.  Sorry, Harry, but this is more important.  This morning my lip definitely looks swollen.

I had coffee and croissant at Los Mejores, ordered 2 lunches from Likke’s, had an orange juice at Redd’s, and another coffee at the Tinto store.  I saw Beatriz sweeping outside but she was slow coming back out with my clean clothes and I had to leave.  She asked when I’ll be back and I said probably 1:30 this afternoon.

Olga arrived right on time at 9am.  I tried to buzz her in but either the system didn’t work or she doesn’t know to push the door when I buzz it so I had to go downstairs and manually let her in.  She was impressed with my new refrigerator and, with the cloth shampoo I bought, she cleaned all my kitchen chairs and the small sofa.  She found some bad spots on one of my large plants (#2) and she sprayed it with insecticide.

At 9:30 I received this message from A Foreign Affair: “Thank you!  Your letter and background info has been received by our system and sent to the (114151) email address.”  That is Yuri’s profile number and I haven’t sent her anything since March 26th.  The last email I sent using AFA’s email system was to Rubi on April 22nd.  Sunday night (May 3rd) I sent an email to Luz Amparo but I sent it from my own email system not through AFA.  So, being very confused as to what is going on, I sent a reply to AFA seeking clarification. 
I really didn’t expect to hear from Yuri again; at 42 she’s probably too young for me.  Cute though she is, not having any children she might still be in her “baby making phase” and I have no interest in that!  She also took the easiest way out and tried to send me her cell phone number but hasn’t made the effort to contact me again.

Olga told me I need a stiffer broom for sweeping the floor so I gave her 5mil and she’s going to buy what I need.  She also told me the mop is finished and I need to buy a new one.  She said I shouldn’t store it in a bucket of water with bleach like I have been doing.

I sent Teresa an email inviting her to meet me for a date on Saturday.  I also sent her another very short email asking how she liked my bed.  (Interestingly, Sunday she took me into my bedroom and asked me which side I sleep on.  Hmmm, I wonder what that’s about?)

I received a reply from AFA “This email is to confirm that Yuri (114151) has accepted your background form and received your letter.”  That’s interesting!  Now there’s potentially a 4th lady for me to consider: Teresa, Luz Amparo, Rubi and now Yuri.  I wonder if I’m ever going to hear from those 2 ladies who said they were busy and would answer my letters later.  I hope not, I don’t need that further complication in my life.
Here are the stats on Yuri:
·       Yuri is 42, 5’7”, 141#, 36-27-39, brown eyes, black hair, no children, doesn’t drink, college, and is a psychologist.
And her pictures are probably the most recent because her profile number is so high.

Since Olga will be buying me a new broom I gave her another 10mil and she is also going to buy a new mop for approximately 6,500.  She left at 1:25 and I walked down to the corner store where Beatriz gave me my clean laundry.  I bought a slap of pineapple for 1mil and put it in my refrigerator for later.

After hanging up my clean, ironed shirts I waited for a bus at Avenida 80.  There were a couple of other buses parked right in front of the bus stop and when what looked like a Circular 302 bus pulled up next to them I just jumped on behind a couple of ladies.  I was reading my Nook not paying much attention and I panicked when the bus turned a corner much earlier than I expected.  Thinking I was on the wrong bus I hustled to the back and got off.  I was near the intersection of Avenida 80 and Calle 30 and after a minute I regained my bearings and realized I had been on the right bus – it was just going through the traffic circle.  I got on the next bus a minutes later and it was almost empty.  This time I noticed the store I had seen with the caned chairs was another “rattan” store although from a distance they didn’t look like the rattan I saw last week.  At one point I saw the result of a motorcycle accident that was blocking one of the lanes of traffice.  I took the bus to Avenida Las Vegas and walked up the hill to my dentist’s office.  I got there 15-20 minutes early but he wasn’t there yet.  He came in about 10 minutes late.  He “popped” my inflated absess, took an x-ray and informed me I have something like dead pulp tissue and I need a root canal.  (According to Wikipedia it sounds like it’s Pulpitis (inflammation of dental pulp tissue.))  He gave me a prescription for 21 Amoxycillin (Amoxiclina in Spanish) and we made an appointment for my first treatment at 5pm tomorrow.  I am to take 1 500mg capsule every 8 hours until they are all gone.  I stopped at a pharmacy (Farmacia Pasteur) a block away (pharmacies seem to be everywhere here) and it cost me a whole 4,175 for 20 tablets.

I walked a couple more blocks to Oviedo and bought a ticket for 9mil to the 4:50 showing of Spiderman 2.  I bought a small popcorn for 7mil and large Pepsi for 5,100 – the same price I paid yesterday, I believe.  Surprisingly, it started about 15 minutes late and then there were 30 minutes of coming attractions (Godzilla and Edge of Tomorrow) and a couple shorts.  I finished 60% of my popcorn before the feature even started.  After 30 minutes I realized I wasn’t enjoying it so I left (cutting my losses so to speak).  According to the movie posters outside the theater, Tarzan and Homefront are coming soon.  After the mandatory trip to the restroom, I walked down the hill and quicly caught a Circular 303 bus.  It was packed and I stood up the whole way.  Of course, traffic was awful and I had to pee real bad so I got off at SaludCoop.  I walked a hundred yards to the entrance and I saw it was dark inside and the guard was limiting admittance somehow.  I remembered the Belen library and some sort of campus is right behind it so I hustled over there and located the restroom in time.  I got on another bus after only a 2 minute wait and after a few more stops even got a seat.

Back at the apartment I received an email from someone at AFA headquarters in Arizona that said “The "accepted" message means that the woman has now accepted (acknowledged) receiving your Background information, once she accepts that information your actual letter is forwarded to her personal e-mail address. Once she receives your actual letter she can reply directly to your e-mail address, but it is completely up to her whether she wants to respond (we cannot force the women to do anything). Since she did accept your background form I can give you her actual e-mail address and you can try contacting her again through that, it is XXXXXXX@hotmail.com” and she gave me Yuri’s email address.  I ate the slab of pineapple I had bought earlier.

T-shirt of the day: I like young and loving (on a young lady’s t-shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment