Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday, May 9th, 2014



I went to bed at 11pm (I had to wait up until then to take my Amoxycillin), got up once during the night, was wakened once because of the rain, woke up at 6:15 and got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava, studied my Spanish a little, stopped at Exito and bought cereal, crackers, milk and gum for 27mil, and had an orange juice at Redd’s.

I checked the US movie releases and The Double (7.2) and Fed Up (7.1) sound interesting.

Locally, Homefront (6.5) is playing at Los Molinos at 1:50pm & 4:30pm, Santafe and Unicentro.

I left my apartment at 1:10 and caught a bus to Los Molinos.  A general seating ticket cost me 5mil and small popcorn and large Pepsi cost another 12,100 – same as I’ve paid recently at Vizcaya and Oviedo. Not bad, less thatn $8 for a movie, small popcorn (which is a good sized bucket) and large Pepsi.  Again there was a coming attraction for Godzilla and Edge of Tomorrow startting Tom Cruise.  I see that Draft Day (7.0) starring Kevin Costner and Godzilla (8.9), which looks interesting, are coming soon.  Homefront starring Jason Statham was pretty good although I had to make 2 trips to the restroom.  (The first of which was also necessary because I needed to take my 3pm Amoxycillin tablet.  I thank RunPee.com for the fact I didn’t miss anything on the first trip.)

I barely caught a bus back and once again, and because I couldn’t see the front of the bus, it wasn’t the right one and it turned at Calle 35 and wouldn’t stop, even though I kept ringing the bell, until I was 2 blocks east of Avenida 80.  I cut through LM, walked across the street to Exito and bought a small 4-pack of Coke for 5,400.  I also stopped on the bridge and bought a kilo of fresh strawberries to offer Marcela tonight.

Dinner was the last of my ham sandwich fixings.

Over 3 hours Marcela and I played 3 games.  She is getting better and I like that she takes the game seriously.  She is an optometrist and currently is an assistant manager for 11 GMO Optical stores in Medellin.  Marcela’s mother’s name is Lilia and she doesn’t work.  We each had a Coke and it took her a long time to finish hers so I never brought out the strawberries.  

With the 19th pick in the 2nd round the Chicago Bears selected 6’3” 315# DT Ego Ferguson from LSU.  With the 18th pick in the 3rd round they selected 6’0” 303# DT Will Sutton from Arizona State.

T-shirt of the day: Deep into the Concrete Jungle

No comments:

Post a Comment