Sunday, May 11, 2014

Sunday, May 11th, 2014



Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night, on the bus on the way to Aguacatala I saw police stopping motorcycles and cars to apparently check their papers.  I guess they don’t need “reasonable cause” here.

I got to the Envigado Exito just before 6pm, and as usual Teresa met me a couple minutes later.  It was dry when I got on the metro in Medellin but it was raining as I got off the metro in Envigado and it was still raining.  

While we waited for a bus a young girl overheard our communication struggles and started interpreting for us.  I joked with both of them about taking her to dinner with us.  

After waiting for a few minutes for a bus to Sabaneta we finally took a taxi for 7mil.  We walked around Sabaneta a little and I pointed out Old John’s restaurant where my brother and I ate last year.  Teresa said she wasn’t hungry and I said I liked chicken so we stopped at Super Chicken where we shared a ½ rotisserie chicken with small roasted potatoes, and small arepas that actually seemed tasty for a change.  We each had a different juice.  Teresa ate a wing and a potato and I ate the chicken breast and leg, a couple potatoes and 1 arepa and I said I was full.  When I told her I didn’t want any more and I didn’t want to take it with me she finished the other piece of chicken.  The total cost was something like 15mil.

We walked a couple blocks away from the center of town and finally stopped at a bar where we each had a couple rum and waters over the next couple hours for 10mil.  She asked me about how I got to Guatape with my brother, I told her about taking a bus from Terminal Norte and then I asked if she would want to go with me.  She said yes and I asked her “how many days?  2?  3?”.  She looked at me with a smirk and said 2 will do.  So, sometime next month, over a Saturday and Sunday we will take the bus from to Guatape and stay overnight in a hotel.  I think she’s really cute, especially when I get her to let her hair down (literally).  And she’s getting a little more affectionate.

We decided to meet Jhon next Saturday at the corner store where we will finally have a chance for a long serious talk and I can tell her a few jokes.

I learned, besides being an interior decorator, she makes rollos de carne (meat rolls) and she promised to make me a chicken one.  I understand you cut off a slice and then cook it.  That is probably her main job Monday thru Saturday but I’ll learn more next Saturday.  She wants to sell her finca and buy an apartment in Envigado or Sabaneta.  She wants me to move to one of those same areas when my lease expires on September 1st.  I keep trying to tell her there is plenty of time to talk about that.  (I think it’s still too early in the relationship to seriously consider that; we haven’t even made love yet; although I think that may come soon!)  Even though I live pretty far away, she’s a pretty cheap date so far.

I went to bed at 11:15, had difficulty getting to sleep, got up 3 times during the night, and finally woke/got up at 8:15.

I had the buffet breakfast at the hotel.  It rained for about 10 minutes around 10:30 – same time as yesterday.  I spent a couple hours at LM.  They were putting tablecloths and flower arrangements on each table.  I left about 1pm before it got too busy.  Exito was very busy as well and I saw long lines outside the two fancy restaurants – Il Forno and Leños & Carbon.

I googled “cane” chairs and found there are bamboo, rattan, wicker, rush, and cane chairs.

From about 4pm to 5pm I had my usual pizza at Pizza Americana.  On my way back I ran into Nidia (Sergio’s wife) walking their dog.  Sergio was in their apartment watching futbol.  She showed me her “tan”.  Lol.  She said they just got back from “a-maca”.  It took me a few minutes to figure out she meant Jamaica (they pronounce the “j” as “h”).  They were in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  She also heard Shyam Moses that I enjoyed when I was there 6 years ago in Negril.  

For dinner tonight I plan to use the remainder of my strawberries with a waffle or cereal.

T-shirt of the day: Chicago Bulls (I saw 2 guys wearing their sweatshirts yesterday)

No comments:

Post a Comment