Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tuesday, May 13th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm.  It’s difficult to describe the nights I’ve been having.  I woke/got up at 6:40am.

I got an email from Teresa last night.  She’s ok with meeting Jhon and I on Saturday at 5pm as she only has 1 meat roll to deliver.

I dropped off my dirty clothes with Beatriz, had an orange juice at Redd’s and then my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Harry was there and he asked me if I could help him with his computer.  He has a new printer and needs help setting it up.  We made arrangements for me to meet him at his building today at 4pm.

During my Spanish lesson, Dario called and told me I have a game to make up.  Apparently I’m tied with someone so we will play tomorrow at 5pm.

When I got back to my apartment I had an email from Margarita that Arley should be at the building from 4-5pm today and could reattach my shelf.  I questioned Margarita about the timing but I didn’t understand her reply.

At 3pm I got a call from Harry and he cancelled our meeting because his computer instructor was coming over.  I emailed Margarita that I would be in my apartment after all.  Margarita replied that it isn’t a sure thing that Arley is going to be here.

Last week Jhon and I were going to go somewhere to meet a lady he knew that might be able to introduce me to someone.  I cancelled because it was one of those cold and rainy nights.  I called Jhon and told him maybe we could go today.  He said he stopped there Saturday night and found out she is now working mornings until about 3 in the afternoon so we may go there for lunch tomorrow right after the Spanish lesson.

I finished Tom Clancy’s 854 page The Sum of All Fears and downloaded his 808 page Rainbow Six.
 
For dinner I had a 610 calorie frozen Zenu Meat Lasagna I bought 9 days ago in Exito that I microwaved for 6 minutes.  It was still pretty cold – maybe my microwave isn’t big enough - next time I’ll do it for 7 minutes.

It occurred to me that the roads here in Medellin remind me a lot of New Jersey.  Lots of traffic circles (that’s what we call them in Illinois) and, not exactly jug handle turns, but where if you want to make a left turn up ahead you make a right hand turn before it that curls around and becomes crossing traffic at the next light.

Arley never showed up.

One person’s favorite quote: “If you work with your hands, you’re a laborer.  If you work with your hands and your mind, you’re a craftsman.  If you work with your hands and your mind and your heart, you’re an artist.”

No comments:

Post a Comment