Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday, May 20th, 2014



I went to bed at 10pm and didn’t wake up until 5am.  Nice!  I had a small headache so I took 2 Excedrin Migraine, went back to bed and got up at 6am feeling much better.  Maybe those Passiflora (Sp; which stands for Spanish, not spelling) drops are helping!  Thank you Teresa!

I walked over to Los Mejores where I had an early breakfast of coffee and croissant.  I gave them 20mil in order to have change to pay 15mil for our lunch later.  That’s when I realized I no longer had 20mil to pay Beatriz for my laundry.  So I made a quick stop back at the apartment for another 20mil.  I stopped at the Tinto store where I saw Beatriz and asked for my laundry.  I had a coffee there and 15 minutes later Beatriz came out with my clean laundry.  Jhon stopped by and I informed him that there would be no Spanish class today because today is apartment cleaning day.  I stopped at Likke’s and ordered lunch to be delivered at noon and I had an orange juice at Redd’s and still got back to the apartment in plenty of time to put things away before Olga arrived just before 9am - on a motorcycle.  The man driving wasn’t overweight and was ½ a head shorter than her.  Olga is so big she couldn’t get her leg over the motorcycle without help from the man who I found out shortly was her husband.

I asked Olga to wash the leaves of Plant #2 with soap and water as Teresa told me it has a fungus.  Olga told me that plant #1 is called Novio Blanco (white boyfriend or white groom; I have yet to figure out for sure if novio only means boyfriend or something much more serious) and plant #4 is called Lengua de Suegra or mother-in-law’s tongue.  She said she will tell me the names of more plants next week.  I just noticed that plant #1 has started displaying flowers and it looks like there should be a lot more to come.

Olga was telling me I should get wheels to go under my refrigerator.  I showed her how if I am holding something in one hand and try to open the refrigerator with the other, the seal is so strong the refrigerator moves.  If I had wheels on it it would probably move all the way across the room.  She said either she has something, or will look for something, to improve the situation.

Today I submitted my blog to ExpatExchange.com to be referenced on their site.  I think it will be accepted.  I updated the 1st page (January 20, 2013) of my blog and added a preface with a little information about myself and why I chose to move to Medellin.  Per their requirement, I also added a link to the ExpatExchange.com website.

Olga finally left at 2:15. 

Tomorrow I have to go to El Poblado for my ultrasound and blood draw.  But first, 1 ½ hours before my 2:30 appointment I’m supposed to drink 6 glasses of water and not urinate before the test.  (If I could do that I wouldn’t be having the test!  Lol.)  Believe me that I’m going to be very close to the doctor’s office and a toilet before I start drinking all that water.  After that I can finally have something to eat for the day.

I studied a while at Mall de Laureles.  The 20 year old son of the beautiful woman whose husband owns Sanjote stopped at my table asking questions about learning English.  He is in the 3rd year of univeristy and he needs to learn English.  I gave him Jhon’s business card and told him his office is very close – only 2 blocks away.

About 4:30 it was getting dark and windy and I was afraid it was going to rain soon so I left and stopped at the Viva CC food court.  I ordered a ham sandwich from Subway and a small strawberry shake from the pretty young English speaking girl at BK.

When I left it was only misting and I felt lucky to get home before it started raining.

Tonight I’m going to stay in and make popcorn and drink some Coke before I need to start my fast at midnight.

T-shirt of the day: on the back: Google Maps; on the front: I am here!

No comments:

Post a Comment