Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday, May 16th, 2014



Last night, since I now have her actual email address but I haven’t heard from her, I sent a short email to Yuri asking if she is interested in pursuing a relationship.  I sent another short email to Rubi who promised 3 weeks ago that she would send me a letter the following week.  AFA is turning out to be a very slow, and expensive, process for me as each letter written or read costs me $10.

I went to bed at 10:30, got up 3 times during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

I had my usual orange juice at Redd’s followed by my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chiva.  I forgot to check the movies playing in town but I found on my iPad that Godzilla is playing at Los Molinos at 1:50pm.   After studying Spanish for a while I made a cash withdrawal from the ATM then stopped at Exito and paid my utility and communication bills.  One nice thing, apparently I have a credit on my gas bill of 14,283 so I didn’t have to pay the 3,195 this month.  

After my Spanish lesson I stopped at the health food store and bought a 60ml bottle of Passiflora (Passion Flower) extract for less than 6mil.  It doesn’t seem to have any directions on it and I couldn’t find anything via Google.  If Teresa doesn’t know exactly how to use it we’ll stop in there first thing tomorrow after she arrives.

I took a Circular Sur 302 bus to Los Molinos and was there by 1pm.  I bought a general seating ticket to Godzilla for 5mil.  At the barber shop I found that Juan wouldn’t be back until 2pm so I told the lady I would stop by later.  Walking around a bit I saw a new store called Wall Street English.  I read my Nook for about 30 minutes then bought a small popcorn and large Pepsi for the usual 12,100.  While I was waiting for the movie to start it occurred to me I wasn’t sure that this showing was with Spanish subtitles.   Sure enough the movie was dubbed in Spanish.  Watching the move I realized how little Spanish I know but I tried hard to recognize words.  It was interesting to see the Japanese and the American naval officers speaking entirely in Spanish.  I had to make 2 trips to the restroom.

After the movie I got a haircut from Juan.  He showed me a haircut called Desvanecido and I said it would be okay to give me the same.  It’s short on the sides and longer on top.  He put wax on the top and this time I didn’t stop him.  I had asked him twice to trim the side of my beard and he didn’t do it so finally I asked for his small trimmer and did it myself.

I stopped at the Home Center there and bought 3 medium size plastic hooks to put on the back of each of the bedroom doors and the bathroom door for 20,700.

I checked the US movie releases and Million Dollar Arm (7.8) sounds interesting and of course I have to include Godzilla (7.8).

Locally, Godzilla is at Oviedo, Santafe and Viscaya.
I just had a bowl of cereal for dinner tonight. 

At 7:45 it started pouring outside.  It stopped 5 minutes later.

T-shirt of the day: Girls just want to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment