Saturday, May 3, 2014

Saturday, May 3rd, 2014



Last night when I got to the chess tournament no one was there except Dario and 4 kids.  He and I played a number of 10 minute games for about an hour and he won most of them.  A couple of other men came in and after Dario said he had enough I asked one of them if he would like to play.  The man talked to Dario and decided it would be a tournament game.  This was at 8:15 at night and he played VERY slowly.  For example, he took almost 5 minutes for his first move.  Again I had the black pieces and was able to play my opening although he wasn’t matching exactly the moves I usually saw white make and I got into a little trouble.  Eventually he made a mistake and he resigned right away so we were done my 9pm.

I went to bed at 10:30 and had great difficulty getting to sleep.  There was some type of party going on outside and a little down the street but my bedroom being at the back of the apartment I just closed my door and the louvers to my window and all was quiet.  I got up once about midnight and again about 1:30am.  I finally got to sleep shortly after that.  I woke up at 7:15 and got up at 8:15am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Augusto stopped by and went through all 201 of my Spanish regular verbs.  He did miss a number of them; I’m sure he knew the verbs, he was actually testing himself on the English equivalent.  

I had my usual weekend lunch at Pizza Americana.

Dario stopped by and borrowed my demonstration chess set because he’s going to teach them how to record moves.

I left the apartment at 2pm, took the bus to the Aguacatala metro station and there was a long line.  I lost about 10 minutes there.   I got to Exito about 5 minutes late and Teresa showed up a minute later.  

We walked about 20 blocks (that’s what she said, I’m not so sure it was that far) where we caught a bus to El Poblado.  We got off across from Parque Poblado and walked up to Parque Lleras.  It was pretty quiet at that hour.  We stopped at La Esquina Bistro in the heart of the park and we each had a strawberry juice for 6,300.  I like that’s she seems to often be open to ordering the same as me.  They had Wi-Fi so we sat for about an hour, enjoying the scenery and chatting using iTranslate on my iPad.   She seemed to get hung up with my one lunch date with Lucia.  When I put an end to that she asked about the other 2 ladies.  I told her the truth – I haven’t heard from either of them since I told Teresa about them.

That’s when I found out her daughter Paula is coming with her tomorrow.  Actually, she asked me if it was ok and of course I said yes.  But I asked her when I’m going to be able to get her alone again in my apartment.  She didn’t answer but I think she is open to the idea and I made it clear that I’m looking forward to it.

We walked around the streets of the park and finally found Mu restaurant.  We found a nice spot across the street and I had an iced tea and she had a lemonade for a total of 10mil.  I left a 2 mil tip.

A little after 6pm we saw somebody go in Mu so we knew it was open.  We got a nice spot upstairs overlooking the street.

I mistakenly thought the big ribs they serve were beef ribs but they are pork ribs just cut in a different direction.  We ordered the small order of 5 ribs with French fries (that’s all they serve) but there were 9 ribs so I was pretty sure they mistakenly gave us the large order.  It turns out they gave us so many ribs because they deemed there wasn’t enough meat on them so they gave us more.  We ate 3 each and Teresa took the rest in a doggie bag.  We also shared a brownie with ice cream.  The total bill came to 76mil and I gave the waitress a 4 mil tip.  

We walked through Parque Lleras again and there were definitely more people but it was still far from crowded as it was only about 7:30.  We walked down to Parque Poblado where we caught a bus to Envigado. We walked down the hill to her mother’s house and that’s where we split.

I gave her directions to my apartment and we plan to meet at 11am.  After seeing my apartment we’re going down to Exito and buy whatever we need in order to make lunch.

We held hands all night and touched each other on the thigh and kissed.  One problem I have is that she seems to resist French kissing.  If we don’t French kiss then I’m not going to enjoy kissing her.  And if I don’t enjoy kissing her I’m certainly not going to enjoy making love to her.  And … there won’t be a relationship.  We’ll see how that works out. She told me I should get an apartment in Envigado so we can be closer together.  A little premature I think!

I took the metro back to Aguacatala, walked across the street and waited for a bus.  It was about 8:45 and I was certain that they were still running.  I decided to wait 15 minutes and then if I didn’t see one I would take a taxi.  A half a block away I saw a young man that also appeared to be waiting for a bus.  I walked over to him and just then a taxi drove up with a woman in back and all I understood was Avenida Ochenta (the road I was on) and San Juan (the road I needed to get too (almost).  I got in the front next to the driver and the other man got in the back.  I’ve never done that before but I have seen others do it.  A few minutes later he picked up another man.  The two men got out a few minutes later.  Each person gave him what appeared to be the same as bus fare and I gave him 1,800 pesos.  He dropped me off at Viva CC.

When I got back to the apartment I was happy to see a message from Luz Amparo.  It sounded good even before I ran it through the translator. 
After translation I understood that: she spent 2 weeks taking care of her brother; he is doing well and soon starts chemotherapy; she went back to work 8 days ago; now she is resting because she is very tired; she liked the long note I sent her; she wants me to tell her more; she is waiting for another long note and hopes to see me soon.

T-shirt of the day: Invest your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment