Sunday, April 27, 2014

Saturday, April 26th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:20 and woke/got up at 8am.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava and then I finished copying the last of my Spanish words from my small notebook to my larger one.  As I was leaving LM I noticed they had 2 separate wooden penned in areas – one with a small horse and the other with 4 pigs.

I stopped at Exito with a list of types of white wines and wouldn’t you know it they don’t have anything on my list from the USA.  I ended up buying a bottle of Carlo Rossi Cabernet Sauvignon for 18,700. 

I had my usual pizza for lunch at Pizza Americana.  Men were trimming the trees in the park across the street using machetes and tree trimmers.  At one point the store owner came out and asked if I had change for 50mil.   I did but later when I had to pay for my pizza (13mil) he had a choice of the 50mil bill again or 12mil.  He took the latter.

I was at Dario’s building by 2pm for my chess match.  I lost the coin flip and got the black pieces.  I gave him a pawn to try, unsucessfully, to gain control of the center but ended up just losing the pawn.  He was a good player, really took his time, and the game lasted almost 2 ½ hours.  In the end I resigned because he had strong mating threats and 2 connected passed pawns on the 6th and 7th rank.  I believe the last time I lost a serious game was last January.

I walked back to my apartment, changed into cleaner jeans, newer shoes, and a nice long sleeved shirt and was at the bus stop by 5:05.  The bus driver seemed like he was mad – accelerating very quickly then slamming on the brakes.  I don’t know why the do that because 15 minutes later he stopped where they always do to report in and then he sat there for 10 minutes before continuing on.

I think I’ve figured out where to get off the bus (2mil) for the easiest walk to the Aquacatala metro station (2mil): right after I see the Texaco sign on the left side of the street, immiediately after is a Studio 54 sign.  I got to Exito on time and Teresa showed up 2 minutes later.  She was again in jeans with boots and a multilayered blouse with her hair up.  I wish she dressed a little more feminine – like in heels with her hair down.  We exchanged a nice hug and held hands on the way to, and in, the taxi.  We took a taxi (20mil?) to Mondongo’s on Avenida 70 in Laureles and we shared a dish I hadn’t tried before – Mondongo.

Sopa de mondongo is a soup made from diced tripe (the stomach of a cow) slow-cooked with vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, carrots, cabbage, celery, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic or root vegetables

Oops, I forgot it was tripe.  Maybe that’s why it tasted so fatty.  Teresa said it was pork so who knows.  It tasted good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sopa_de_mondongo

We also shared a Tiramisu and the total bill, with tip and tax, came to 49mil.
We walked up, and across, the street and stopped at a place called Melodia Para Dos – the same place Reina and I were March of last year.  They play popular Colombian music.  We sat outside, but with our back to the building, so we could look out at the people walking by.  I’m a toucher so I was constantly rubbing her hand I was holding or her back with my other hand that was around her.  We were able to figure out some communication by searching for common words we both knew.  I learned she was married twice – getting married at 23 and having her daughter at 30.  She has been living alone with her daughter for the past 16 years.  She asked me how many girlfriends I have and I told her none.  We agreed that now I have one - Teresa.  We each had 2 drinks with rum and water for 14mil.  They also put a bowl of popcorn and a bowl of sliced fruit on the table.  I remember pineapple and mango (bitter) and I think the other was guayabana.  By the end of the evening she had her hair down and we were kissing a little but I was initiating all of it.  

We took a taxi back to her apartment while I had my arm around her and was holding her hand with a little kissing. I wish she was more affectionate.

We made plans to get together next Saturday – she’s going to take me to a restaurant in El Poblado that serves “little ribs?” I think she said.  Sunday she’s going to come over to my apartment and cook for me.  :)

I got back to my apartment at 11pm – the round trip taxi ride cost 30mil.

So, the entire evening cost me about 120mil.  I’m going to have to be a little careful with my money the rest of the month (4 days) so I don’t run out.

T-shirt of the day: I am my problem and my solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment