Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday, September 19th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 10:45, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:45.

Since I’ve already seen Maze Runner there isn’t anything I want to see this week from today’s new US releases.

Locally I would like to see The Railway Man (7.1) which is now playing at Santafe and Vizcaya.  Unfortunately, according to imdb.com, it cost approximately 18 million to make and only grossed 4.5 million in the US, so maybe it isn’t going to be very good.

It’s garbage day and after I left the building I checked the large plastic bag they left across the street with cloth scraps but they were so small as to be useless for any purpose.  I thought I might use them for rags.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava, followed by an orange juice at Redd’s.

At the beginning of my Spanish class I had Jhon call Teresa and ask her if Wilson’s bar will be open when I come by about 1pm so I can leave the 2 packages of coconut granola there for her and she said yes.

At the end of my Spanish class Jhon showed me a short translation he had done and I showed him a few areas I had a problem with.  He told me there won’t be any class on Monday because he is going to Bogota with Bob for the weekend to help him renew his Pensionado Visa.

I left 5 minutes early and quickly was on a bus to Aquacatala station.  On the way it started to rain lightly.  By the time I got off the metro in Envigado it was pouring pretty hard; and me without an umbrella.  I waited a few minutes for the rain to lessen and then headed out holding my tech bag over my head.

I stopped at Wilson’s bar and Marta was there and I left the 2 bags with her.
At 1pm as I was walking up the one steep hill in Envigado Teresa called and I told her I would be there in 5 minutes.  When I got to the restaurant she was just finishing her fish and she told me she had been starving.

I had their chicken breast with salad, rice, plantain, soup and juice.  While I was eating a man behind me started talking to Teresa.  I thought he was asking for change but I must have been asking for food as she ordered some beans for him and put it on our bill.  I thought that was a nice thing to do.

After lunch we walked to the other side of Parque Envigado where we caught a bus to Monterrey.  We took a taxi to the El Tesoro clinic and arrived 3 minutes late.  The receptionist took Teresa’s basic information including the name of her companion (me) and I put the 85mil charge on my debit card.  We waited out in the floor lobby for about 45 minutes before she got in to see the doctor.  She came out 15 minutes later and we waited another hour for her to see the doctor again for the results.  I know she has cysts in her breasts and I understood she was getting a manual breast exam and she was very relieved when she came out because there aren’t any other problems.

She has another doctor’s appointment for next Friday at 3:10.  I think in the same clinic but I’m not positive of that.

We took a taxi to Envigado for 11mil and stopped at her brother’s bar.  We each had an arepa chocolo with cheese and a hot chocolate.  Very tasty!
She told me she wants to go to some town that sounded like Dormitorio (one of their words for bedroom) on Monday to pick up some papers for her mother.  Of course I told her I would go with her.

We waited around until 7:15 to leave.  She told me if she gets to the bus stop before 8pm all the buses will be full and they won’t stop to pick her up. 

We stopped at a couple small stores so she could buy a few things and we said goodbye about 8pm.  It was starting to rain lightly as I entered the Envigado metro station.  It was raining a little harder when I exited the Aguacatala station.  I only had to wait about 3 minutes to catch a bus and was home by 9pm.

T-shirt of the day: I am not a morning girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment