Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday, September 15th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up once during the night, woke up at 6am, took 2 Excedrin and went back to bed, and woke/got up at 7am.

I skipped my usual morning workout.

I put 20mil on Teresa’s cell phone; I understand she has a lot of calls to make.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.

I took a little cash out of the ATM; for some reason my usual Davivienda wasn’t working so I used the ATH.

I forgot to bring my deodorant back from Teresa’s so I bought a 2-pack at Exito.

After Spanish class I took a bus to Monterrey CC and at Omega Store I talked to the lady who spoke English and asked her to hold a 25’ HDMI cable for me until later.

I walked up Calle 10 and had an empanada and soda for 2,200.  (Their sodas have recently gone up from 1,000 to 1,200.)  I stopped at MBE and paid October’s rent on my box.  I was at Vizcaya by 2:10 for the 2:30 showing of Lucy so I just read my Nook for 10 minutes.  My ticket was 6mil and my popcorn and soda 12,100.  (Once again I had to sit through the Pied Piper of Hamlin short, in Spanish.)  The movie was pretty good and I got out by 4:15, walked down the hill to Moterrey where I bought my cable for 69,500.  

I decided to take the Circular Sur 303 bus instead of the 302 only because it would let me off a couple blocks closer to San Juan (Calle 44).  It was a big mistake, not because traffic downtown was so bad but because traffic trying to get out of downtown was bad.  An hour and 15 minutes later I was got off the bus and walked up San Juan looking for a light socket adapter even though at the time I didn’t know what it was called.  No luck!

I stopped at the internet café where I had a new copy of my address printed and laminated.

For dinner I had a bowl of cereal.

T-shirt of the day: International city dweller.

No comments:

Post a Comment