Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014



Late last night I received an email from Teresa.  I didn’t understand everything she said about the electrician’s findings but I did understand she wants me to meet her at the Envigado Exito so we can go to Home Center and buy the shower heater.

I went to bed late, just a few minutes before midnight, because it took over an hour to backup my laptop to my flash drive.  Still I had trouble getting to sleep, last looking at my watch at 1:15.  That might have been because of the large bottle of Coke I drank although it was 4 hours before I went to bed.  But I still slept through the night, waking up at 6am and getting up at 6:30.

At the last minute before leaving the apartment I remembered I need to pick up my laundry this morning.  I had breakfast at Los Mejores and then found Beatriz at the corner store.  She informed me she hasn’t gotten the towel back but she gave me everything else and we made plans to meet again Thursday morning.  I had an orange juice at Redd’s before dropping my clean laundry off at the apartment.

After a little Spanish study in a stuffy Viva CC food court, I met Jhon for my class and he interpreted more accurately what Teresa wrote me last night:  The electrician is going to rewire the shower wiring from 110V to 220V, add a light bulb over where I plan to put my chess/computer table, and hook up the shower heater after we purchase it - all for 90mil.  Teresa wants me to meet her tomorrow at 2pm at the Exito Envigado and then we will go to the nearby Home Center to purchase the model he recommends – a 220V “Bucheriny”.

At 11pm, Harry called and cancelled today’s meeting – big surprise – because he’s having company.  I told him I’m probably busy the rest of the week.

I called Teresa and we confirmed everything that Jhon had told me.
After class, I exchanged some things at my apartment and by 1pm was at Oviedo CC to see the 1:10 showing of Chef starring Jon Favreau, John Leguizamo, Scarlett Johannson, Dustin Hoffman, Sofia Vergara, Oliver Platt, and Robert Downey Jr.  It cost me the usual 5mil for the movie and 12,100 for popcorn and soda.  There were only 3 other people in the theatre and 2 of them walked out at the 1 hour mark.

Back at my apartment I sent an email to my brother recommending the movie.  He responded that it was the only movie he’s seen this year.

I finished the 224 page Escape from Camp 14: One Man’s Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West and downloaded Ken Follett’s 1,056 pages World without End.  This is a sequel of sorts of his previous novel Pillars of the Earth which I read in 2009.  Both books take place during the middle ages and are over 1,000 pages long.

I made myself a waffle for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: High and Mighty

No comments:

Post a Comment