Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Monday, September 22nd, 2014



Last night Teresa went to bed at 10:30 and I at 11pm.  I got up at 5:30 but I went back to bed and Teresa got up at 7am and I got up at 8am.

We took our showers and had a breakfast of granola.  Teresa told me that it’s cold where we are going so I put on a long sleeved shirt and took my jacket.

We caught the Simon Bolivar bus at 8:45 after a short wait of 5 minutes.  We got off the bus downtown at Parque Berrio at 9:15.

We took the metro to Caribe where we walked to the north terminal bus station.  We got there at 9:45, bought two tickets to Don Matias (now I know the name of the village) for 11mil and waited until 10:15 for our bus to leave.  We arrived at 11:35 and it wasn’t much cooler than Medellin.  I felt a little warm in my long sleeved shirt but not too bad but that didn’t stop me from giving Teresa a hard time about how warm it is there.  We hustled over to an office where we found they closed at 11:30 and reopen at 2pm.  

Teresa asked a couple people where a good restaurant is and we were sent nearby to the Charlot restaurant.  It’s a nice table cloth restaurant with photos on the walls of Charlie Chaplin.  I had the Hawaiian Chicken and she had the menu of the day which included a little macaroni & cheese.  They also gave us a slice of flan for dessert.  All of that was for a total of 24,500 including tax and tip.  It was a very tasty lunch for about $6 each.
After lunch we hung around for a little while and Teresa watched the news and I read some from my Nook.

At 2pm we walked over to the office and it was still closed.  Teresa showed me the building that her mother used to live in.  Finally the lady arrived at 2:30.  The lady gave Teresa a list of things that she would need for whatever purpose: fotos of her mother and her daughter and a birth certificate.  We paid something like 7mil for a copy of her mother’s baptismal certificate.  

At 3:10 we took the bus back and because of heavy rush hour traffic near and in Medellin we didn’t arrive back at the station until 4:50pm.

Since my Bears game wasn’t until 7:30 Teresa asked me to take the metro to Envigado and give Wilson the baptismal certificate and Teresa would catch a bus from there directly to her finca.

We are meeting next this Friday at 1pm at the restaurant across from parque Envigado where we will have lunch and then proceed to the same building in El Tesoro where Teresa has a 3:20 doctor’s appointment.  She alerted me to the fact that the charge for this visit will be 130mil.

A train was in the station when I got there but because I had plenty of time until my game and I don’t like to overheat myself I waited until the next one.  I was surprised a couple minutes later to see Teresa walking towards me.  She told me that for her to catch a bus to her finca (which is south of town) she would need to take a bus from the south terminal.  Makes sense to me.

We took the next metro to Envigado where we got off and she walked south to catch her bus and I walked north to Wilson’s bar where I gave him the baptismal certificate.

I stopped in Exito for an emergency use of their restroom and was happy to find a toilet with a seat.  The first two I saw had no seat and interestingly one was so small it was obviously for children.

It took the metro to Poblado and took my time walking up Calle 10 and arrived at Patrick’s Sports Pub at 7:10.  The waitress told me that the kitchen is closed but might reopen later.

The Bears quickly built a 14-0 lead and at halftime were ahead 17-13.  Patrick told me the cook had just arrived and I order their Thai Stir Fry Chicken.  It was tasty but it didn’t seem very hot and once again the broccoli was undercooked.  Including one Coke, tax and tip the total came to 30,800.

The Bears held on to win 27-19.

I took a taxi back to the apartment and I clocked the driver at one point on the expressway doing 115km/hour (71 miles/hour).

It cost me 12mil and I was home by 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment