Monday, September 1, 2014

Monday, September 1st, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, didn’t wake up until 6am, and got up at 6:30.  I think those vitamins my doctor recommended for me are working.

I was at El Comedor de Chava by 8:30 but the cook had yet to arrive.  I waited until 9:15 and just as I was about to leave she arrived so I was able to have my usual breakfast.

For the first time I was late (only by 2 minutes) for the start of my Spanish lesson.  Jhon had some good news for me – he wants to buy my refrigerator at my 200mil asking price.

After class I waited in line at BanColombia for about 15 minutes to make my Medical Insurance payment.

Afterwards I used one of my new BK coupons and had a Steak XT burger with fries and Pepsi for 15,500.  

I talked to a lady at the Direct TV booth in Viva mall and I understand they have packages named Bronze with 71 video channels, Silver with 85 video channels, Gold with 110 video channels, and Platinum with 147 video channels and I see different sports stations available at each of the 1st 3 levels.  Now I have to find out what level package Teresa has.  What I really need to find out is how to see all the Chicago Bears games.  I googled Direct TV and found something called NFL Sunday Ticket but it implies that it is only for games played on Sunday.  Besides it’s awfully expensive – like $54.99 a month for 6 months.

BTW, yesterday I asked Teresa where Laura gets the movies on DVD that she shows on her TV and I understand that Teresa’s mother sends them to her apartment in Envigado and then Laura picks them up from there.

I’m hoping to get an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to their TV and use my Netflix account for watching movies but that will only work for everyone if I can get the Spanish subtitles to transfer from my laptop to their TV.

I called Harry and we agreed to meet tomorrow at 4pm at his apartment only he wants me to call 30 minutes before.  I hope I’m not wasting my time.

I bought a few things at Exito and back at my apartment I took a 40 minute nap.

About 5pm I heard my doorbell ring; now there’s a rare occurrence.  It was the lady from downstairs asking if I could show my apartment; of course I said yes.  A couple of young girls took a quick walk through my apartment; one spoke English which helped of course.

T-shirt of the day: Summer never e.n.d.s.  (At least in Medellin it doesn’t ever end!)

No comments:

Post a Comment