Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25th, 2014



Last night I once again tried to watch The Killing on the Netflix site but after 20 minutes of clocking I received a Netflix Streaming Error message.
I had popcorn and 2 small (250ml) bottles of Coke while I sorted my old bills, removed the staples, threw away the receipts, and set aside the bills themselves for recycling.

I went to bed at 10pm and had great difficulty getting to sleep (of course Coke has caffeine in it).  The last time I looked at my watch it was 1:55am.  I woke up at 6:10, got up and took 2 Excedrin, went back to sleep and woke/got up at 6:45 feeling much better.

I checked the local theatres and there have been some changes:
The Giver (6.7) is playing at Oviedo at 2:20.  This is Where I Leave you (6.7) is playing at Oviedo and Santafe at 1:40.  Brick Mansions (5.7) is playing at Molinos at 1:40, Monterrey at 2pm, Oviedo at 2:10, Unicentro at 1:50.  Depending on the timing of my other responsibilities today, I might be able to see one of those early shows.

I had a bowl of cereal, my usual breakfast at Los Mejores and an orange juice at Redd’s.

I met Jhon at his office and we took a bus to an office building in front of the Home Center/Makro/Jumbo complex.  Jhon spoke to someone who informed him that Une has moved to the Intelligence Building of Medellin.
We walked east down the block, took a bridge over the river and tried to cut through a parking lot only to be met by a security guard and his muzzled dog who growled at us.  We took the long way around the parking lot and entered the building and took a circular stairway to the basement where we saw what looked like a TSA scanning station at the airport.  I took off my tech bag and my fanny pack and put it on the conveyer belt to be scanned.  I passed and we then stood in line at a Une desk.  After about 10 minutes we got our number and went inside to wait for our turn.  While waiting Jhon told me that in Colombia I must give the keys back to the owner at the end of the month or I will be fined for additional days.  Jhon suggested I have the owner pay my final bill and then receive the remainder of my deposit from them. After another 20 minute wait we spoke to a Une representative. 
Because my Une contract was under Reina’s son’s name in apt. 201 I had only fulfilled 6 months out of my 12 month contract so my fine for cancelling early will be 130mil, an amount that will be added to my final bill.  They will cancel my account on October 6th and someone must be at the apartment at that time (probably to retrieve the routers).

Teresa told me she took Luna to the vet on Tuesday and the doctor gave her some special medicine for the wound and put the plastic collar securely around her neck.

Teresa gave me the address of her mother’s apartment in Envigado: Carrera 47 #35 Sur – 80, Apto. 301 Bloque 3, Portal del Sur, Envigado.
I bought Jhon lunch at the old Likkes restaurant and then found the Une technicians waiting for me at my apartment.  Jhon was with me and explained my problem and within 30 minutes I had my wi-fi back.
I stopped at the internet cafĂ© where I printed and laminated a copy of Teresa’s address in Envigado.

After Teresa’s doctor’s appointment on Friday we will go to a Une office where she will order telephone service so I can connect to the internet with an expected 5GB speed.  Laura has a 2GB “thingy” connected to her laptop so I told Teresa to increase it to 4GB so she will have a faster response time.  

Tomorrow, with Jhon’s help, we will call Direct TV and order the NFL package.  

I had cereal with milk for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: Daddy’s little monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment