Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday, September 3rd, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, slept throught the night, and woke/got up at 6:30.

I had my usual breakfast at El Comedor de Chava.  Andres was nice enough to give me 3 500 peso coins in my change without my asking.  I guess he remembered that Teresa and I are saving 500 peso and 1mil coins for our piggy bank.

On my way up the escalator at Viva CC I saw a man going down wearing a Chicago Bears cap.  I pointed to it and said “Go Bears” and he said something in English that I didn’t catch.

I checked to see if Exito had restocked their packages of Coconut granola and not only had they not but there is a sign “productos agotado” covering the price on the shelf.  That translates to “product out-of-stock”.

I had a glass of orange juice across the street at Redd’s.

After Spanish class I had a bowl of cereal at home.

As I was walking from my apartment at 1pm to meet Teresa at the Exito Envigado at 2pm, Juan called to me from his pickup truck and asked me where I was going.  I said I’m going to Aquacatala and from there to take the metro to Envigado to see my girlfriend.  He said he was going to Parque Envigado and he would give me a ride.  He dropped me off across from the Envigado Exito at 1:20.  Too early to expect Teresa to arrive I tried calling her but there was no answer.  I walked into Exito and looked to see if this store had any coconut granola in the large packages; they didn’t.  I sat in the food court and read my Nook for about 20 minutes and then walked outside where I found Teresa.

The Envigado Home Center is right behind Exito.  She told me she left the list the electrician gave her in the finca but she remembered some of the things he needs.  I had written down the name of the shower heater model he requested – a 220Volt Bucheriny – so together we knew which model we needed.  We also bought what looked like an extension for the water line and a package of 6 63Watt bulbs.  I was happy I was successful in charging the 86,700 total to my debit card.  I gave her the 90mil for the electrician who is supposed to come tomorrow or Friday and Teresa told me she can buy the other things later today in Caldas.  

We then had lunch in that nice little restaurant (La Bahia?) which is across from Exito for a total of 18mil.  I asked her which Direct TV plan she has.  She said she doesn’t have a plan but she has 71 channels.  (Back at the apartment I saw that 71 channels is exactly what the Bronze plan contains.) 

We walked over to Wilson’s bar and sat there for a while.  It looked like Wilson was doing a little electrical work of his own on the bar.  Teresa told me she wants us to have lunch Sunday at her friends house until I reminded her that the Bears game is this Sunday at noon.  We left at 4pm and said goodbye at the Envigado station.  I was back at Viva CC at 5:05pm.

I had a small bowl of cereal for dinner.

T-shirt of the day: War of ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment