Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday, September 28th, 2014



Happy birthday, bro!

We got up about 8am, took our showers, had a bowl of granola and were ready for Jhon but at 10am he was a no show.  We started packing a little and he finally showed up at 10:35 with his brother-in-law.  They took the refrigerator without much difficulty.  

We continued packing and at 11:15 we changed to go to the game.  First Teresa informed me we have to go to Exito to buy something she really needed right away.  At 11:40 we caught a taxi outside and arrived at Patrick’s Irish Pub right at noon.

The game was being shown on the large screen outside so we grabbed one of the small tables near the sidewalk.  Teresa ordered the Irish stew with a mango juice and really liked it.  I ordered the Beef Stroganoff with a Coke and I liked my food also.  There were a number of Bears fans sitting behind me and one lone Packers fan – a gringa.

At halftime, with the Bears down 21-17, I called Margarita and left a voice message that I would like to know what time Martha will be coming to the apartment on Tuesday.

When the Bears were behind by 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half, I paid the bill (70mil) and we walked a block through a light rain looking for a taxi.  Teresa was a little wet and therefore cold and asked if we could stop at the Juan Valdez café.  She had a small expresso and she got me a medium coffee.  It started raining harder and I think she was sorry that we waited.  Finally, the rain let up a little and I stopped a taxi and held the door open for her to dash from the café into the taxi.

Back at the apartment we spent the next few hours packing up everything.  She called the moving man to tell him she didn’t believe everything will fit into his truck.

About 7pm I walked her down to Avenida 80 where she quickly caught a car (con effectivo, which literally means “with cash”).  I headed over to Viva and read some from my Nook book.

I finished Ken Follett’s 1,056 pages World without End (it took me almost a month to finish) and later, back at the apartment, I downloaded his 326 page Eye of the Needle.

At 7:30, just before BK closed their kitchen, I ordered a Whopper and medium milkshake for 17,500.

I’m not sure when I will have an internet connection again so I don’t know when my next post will be.  I understand I will be using a telephone line so I’m pretty sure it will be by modem.  I don’t even know if my laptop has a modem.  They used to be standard but that’s been a while.

T-shirt of the day: Buy the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment