Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Tuesday, September 16th, 2014



Last night I went to bed at 11pm, woke up at 6:10 and got up at 6:25.

I had breakfast at Los Mejores, picked up my laundry from Beatriz, had orange juice at Redd’s, and then dropped off my clothes back at the apartment.

I studied for a while at Viva CC and then met Jhon at his office for my Spanish class.

Afterwards I stopped at the apartment and picked up the bags of chips and drinks I bought on the street in bulk last week.  I only ate the potato chips (2 bags) and I tried one of the orange drinks but it’s too sweet for me (probably all sugar, no juice).  It only cost me 10mil as I wanted to try it but I gave the rest to Jhon.

I stopped at Exito and bought a Zenu lasagna for myself (I have one for Teresa in the freezer) and a package of 6 rolls.

Teresa arrived at 1:25 (a bus problem she said), I microwaved the lasagnas and we had them and the rolls with milk for me and Coke for her.

We took a short nap and then she started cleaning the apartment.

I checked the StudySpanish.com website and for $49.95, for 6 months I get:
Grammar
·       Premium podcasts
·       300+ additional quizzes
·       100+ additional tests
·       100+ additional oral exercises
·       100+ final exams

Vocabulary
·       Twice as many words for each vocabulary topic
·       Premium Daily Word (no promotional messages)
·       Complete Daily Word archive (2500+ words)
·       Premium Idiom Generator (1500+ idioms)
I think I might wait a while before purchasing it.

I forgot to mention I only got one mosquito bite last weekend at the finca.  It’s on the outside of my left arm by the elbow and again I have no idea when or where it happened. 

Yesterday the Colombian Peso (COP) closed at 1999 to the dollar.  It’s nice to have it back near 2000 again; a stronger dollar gives me more pesos for my dollars.

A large moving van pulled up outside and unloaded a refrigerator.  Maybe the family on the 2nd floor is getting a new one.

Million Dollar Arm (7.4) is playing at a couple theaters but the only one in English with Spanish subtitles is El Tesoro and it doesn’t start until 6:30pm.

I found out for sure why she says I'm "caprichoso".  It's because I have a certain way I want to have things done.
 
I told Teresa I wanted to get her a nice plush Terry cloth robe for her birthday and she told me her mother already gave her one in blue and green.  She said she would like new shoes and jeans and 2 pairs of jeans for me.  I reminded her again that her birthday is on Sunday and I want to see the Bears game that starts at noon.  With luck we’ll have Direct TV installed by then and I’ll be able to see the game in the finca.

I asked her about the big box with my things and she told me she put them in the shed behind the finca.

I told her I have 2 suitcases, the gym bag she saw me with last weekend, and a technology bag that holds my laptop computer, iPad and their cables.  I asked her if she thought I also need some boxes.  She said she will bring a large box from the finca.

I showed her my rental contract and the fact that I should be getting my 2,100,000 peso deposit back.  We are going to use that to pay off an outstanding Exito bill she has.

We decided that my move date would be Monday, September 29th with the next day being the backup rain day.  I gave her the mover’s business card and she will call him to make arrangements.

I gave her the telephone number of the realtor (Walter Lora of P&P realty) that handled my rental.  

She seemed to have some concerns about the apartment and this September so I called Margarita and let them talk to each other.  Afterwards Teresa seemed happy with the answers she got.

We left about 6pm.  Walking down the stairs I saw 3 large boxes in the alcove.  The downstairs apartment door was ajar so I asked Teresa to ask them if I could have the boxes.  She did and they said yes.  I guess there are new tenants on the 1st floor.

We stopped at the corner store and I added 5mil to Laura’s cell phone so she could make some calls for me and Teresa bought some dog food.  We stopped in Exito where Teresa bought some food (the usual: ham, cheese, and bread for sandwiches for Laura).

Right away across the street she found a ride (con effectivo) to Aquacatala and we said goodbye.

Back at the apartment I brought the 3 large boxes up to the apartment.

We’re going to meet at Wilson’s bar on Friday at noon, have lunch and then go to a doctor’s appointment for Teresa.  Sunday we’re leaving early in the morning for a day trip to Sopetran.  The next Bears game is Monday night at 7:30 so I guess I’ll be seeing it alone at Patrick’s.

T-shirt of the day: I sold my soul for rock & roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment