Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday, September 7th, 2014



I slept through the night, waking up at 8am and getting up at 9am.  We had a bowl of cereal in the apartment.

Teresa called a friend and made arrangements for us to visit her at her finca in Sopetran next Sunday.  It will be a day trip and I should be back in time to get to Patrick’s to see the Bears against San Francisco at 7:30.

At 11:30 we took a bus to Sport Wings but they were unable to find the Buffalo Bills vs Chicago Bears game on Fox.  They have direct TV and I could see at least 5 other games that were on at noon.  

We took a taxi to Patrick’s Sports Bar and were there by 12:15; there isn’t much traffic on Sundays.  They put my game on right away while several others were gathered around rooting for New England against Miami.  (Miami pulled ahead in the 2nd half and ended up winning.)  Patrick came by and thanked me for the review of his restaurant/bar that I put in Trip Advisor.  He told me he is having a problem with his kitchen today so we will have to order from the Ay Caramba restaurant across the street.  Teresa ordered breaded fish and I ordered chicken and beef fajitas.  We both enjoyed our food very much.  

I saw an older gringo of about 70 at the table next to us with a young lady of about 30 and on the other side of our table sitting at the bar was a man wearing the “t-shirt of the day”.  Lol.

At halftime Teresa called the guy who originally delivered my plants and arranged to have them brought to her finca this Tuesday afternoon for 150mil.  We expect he will be moving the rest of my things later this month.
The Bears ended up losing 23-20 in overtime.  How disappointing.

The food ended up costing me 37,576 and the drinks another 24,750.

After we finished our drinks we took a taxi back to the apartment.

Teresa washed some of my things – by hand, of course.  She even washed my nice short sleeved short in such a way that it looks like it’s ironed.  She asked me to tell Olga she doesn’t need to come anymore as my novia is going to be cleaning my apartment from now on.

Just before 6pm we walked over to the church for their service.  We left right after communion at 6:45, she bought some dog food at the corner store, and I kissed her goodbye as she got in a car for her “con effectivo” trip to Aquacatala station to catch a bus to her finca.

T-shirt of the day: She’s too young for you bro.

No comments:

Post a Comment