Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015



I slept straight through from 10:30 to 4am when I got up to use the bathroom.  Even though I didn’t sleep much after that I still consider that a good night’s sleep.

It was another interesting morning.

I got up at 7:30, took my shower and was ready to leave by 8:45.  

As usual, while Teresa was locking the doors I started walking up the hill.  I always wait in sight until she sees me and starts coming up the hill herself.  She called to me “do you have your cell phone”?  I realized I didn’t bring it with me so I replied “no, I don’t have it”.  She repeated the question and I repeated my answer.  I know we usually use the phone to call Walter for a ride back from the market but I figured she probably had another option.

We got past the killer dogs undetected finally hearing one of them barking.  As we neared the top of the hill I saw the doberman waiting for us.  He looked kind of lost like he didn’t know what to do.  He wasn’t aggressive and moved behind a barbed wire fence.  I had a dog biscuit with me and tossed it to him.  It hit the barbed wire and fell straight down.  He picked it up and carried it away and started eating it.  I’m hoping I can make a friend out of him so he won’t be so aggressive with us.  As I turned to leave I saw the neighbor who owns the dog coming towards us.  Teresa talked to him a minute and I hope she explained what I was doing.

At the bottom of the hill we quickly caught a bus.  Teresa got the last seat in the back and while I was standing nearby she informed me we were on the wrong bus – our bus goes to Medellin, not Caldas.  We got off the bus, only paying 2 mil, at the intersection where the highway meets the road leading into Caldas.  We walked across the street and caught a bus to downtown Caldas for another 2 mil.

At the entrance to the Merkepaisa grocery she asked me for my cell phone so she could call Walter.  I reminded her that I told her I didn’t have my cell phone with me.  She decided we would buy some meat today (only what we could easily carry) and come back tomorrow for the rest.

There were 4 butchers behind the counter and about 10 ladies already waiting.  They were serving number 17 and Teresa took number 26.  Twenty minutes later it was her turn.  We bought 2 packages of meat for about 122mil that she paid for.  She learned that the meat sale doesn’t end at 10am, it’s at noon.  We waited a couple blocks away for a bus back to the finca.

We got past the killer dogs undetected.

I checked the MBE website and my supplements and 2 documents are in Miami.

I finally removed my old toenail.  It was only held on by a small piece of skin but I was too much of a wuss to just pull it off so I kept trimming it down with toenail clippers until there almost nothing left.

The three of us watched The Way Back (7.3) which they really liked.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Let’s enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment