Thursday, February 19, 2015

Wednesday, February 18th, 2015



I slept pretty well and Teresa woke me up at 6:15.  

Before we left we tried to coax Peter down the hill but he wouldn’t budge until I gave Tony a dog biscuit.  I gave Peter one and he ate it as I carried him to the shed.

We left the finca at 6:55 and the killer dogs barked at us from behind the fence and the doberman was soon behind us barking but not growling.  I stopped and looked at him and he stopped being aggressive.  He followed me and I finally tossed him a dog biscuit and he followed us up to the top of the hill.

There’s a lot of highway building going on near the road.  After a 5 minute wait we were on a bus to Envigado.  We took a taxi up to Nueva eps and were waiting in line by 7:55.  We waited 30 minutes to get moved to another room for another 20 minutes.  I had my blood draw and we were at El Carbón de Leña for breakfast at 9am.  Teresa had fish and I had calentao (rice and beans) and scrambled eggs for 14mil.

I added another 20mil to my cell phone and then took more cash out of the ATM.

We stopped at an internet café where I printed 2 copies of the medications I take and my medical history for 2mil.

Teresa looked at blouses at a few stores but didn’t find what she liked at an acceptable price.

We stopped at a number of tailor shops (sastrerias) and at the 5th she finally found a lady who could make the changes she wanted to a blouse.

We stopped at a small hardware store and bought 3 clamps to hold water pipes together.

We stopped at Heel Quik but the shoes she left for repair won’t be ready until tomorrow.

Teresa spent about an hour looking at clothes in Exito while I wandered around the tablets, PCs, and video games.  We were going to buy a 6-pack of beer for my brother but it was too heavy.  Teresa said we will buy it in Caldas tomorrow.

We had lunch at La Bahia.  Teresa had their special of the day (chicken) but I wasn’t real hungry so I only had frijoles, salad and juice.  We picked up an order for Laura to have back at the finca.  The total came to 15mil.

We took a taxi to the highway and found plenty of seating on a bus back to the finca.  There is a lot of work going on near the entrance to the side road.  It’s starting to look like the new highway is going to go right over the side road.

Coming down the path the killer dogs barked and came out with the doberman in the lead.  When he got behind me in the center of the path he stopped barking and looked at me expectantly.  I tossed him a dog biscuit and we continued down to the finca.

It started raining about 4:30 and got harder at 5pm.  Teresa told me it is winter after all.  It stopped by 6:30.

I finished Paula Hawkins’ 288 page novel The Girl on the Train and downloaded James Michener’s 767 page Space: A Novel.

Teresa and Laura cleaned the finca so now it’s ready to receive my brother.

My brother had an interesting idea.  Can I give him Power of Attorney to sign the documents for me?  I sent an email to the lawyer.

I set the alarm on my cell phone to 7am because we want to leave early for Caldas to buy beer for my brother and some other food (he’s a really big eater).   LOL!

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Let’s fiesta like there’s no mañana.

No comments:

Post a Comment