Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Friday, January 30th, 2015



I heard Laura talking to Teresa a little longer than usual about 4 or 5 in the morning but I didn’t notice Teresa getting up to help her.

I got up at 6:30 when the Terriers started getting noisy.  I shushed them and then decided to take a couple more Excedrin Migraine tablets to ward off any more back pain.  When I opened the refrigerator door for the water pitcher I noticed the light was out.  One more thing I need to fix in the morning; hopefully Teresa has a spare bulb.

I got up at 8am and Teresa told me there aren’t any lights.  Not only are there no lights, there isn’t any electricity.  That explains the lack of a light when I was in the refrigerator earlier.  Teresa told me that because of that Laura didn’t go to school today.  I did my exercises and then started writing my blog; I have a little more than 2 hours on my laptop using the battery, the problem is that it is difficult to see the keyboard.  The only light is coming in through a window facing me but the laptop screen puts the keyboard in a shadow.

I finished John Grisham’s 359 page novel The Last Juror and downloaded his 467 page novel A Time to Kill.

I took a nap from 10am to 11am and then the lights came back on.

For the first time the “free coins” malware finally came to the forefront.  I googled for a solution and the first suggestion that came up was to download some software named Spyhunter.  I googled Spyhunter and received mixed reviews as to its effectiveness.  First of all it costs something like $30 every 6 months to use it.  I ran Malwarebytes Anti-malware again and after a 27 minute “heuristic analysis” scan, it reported it had found 0 “infected objects”.  I ran AdwCleaner again and it didn’t find anything either.

I finally realized that “free coins” was associated with a C Drive Desktop App that was installed on my computer on 1/21/15.  I uninstalled it and it went away.  Yay!  Now, for the first time in months, I feel like my computer is clean!

I checked my checking account and I have 2 of my pension deposits so we’re good to go for Envigado tomorrow.

We just had a little excitement.  The Terriers were going a little crazy and a minute later 2 young men walked out of the garden.  Teresa talked to them a minute and I understand they were from another finca and were just walking around the area.  A minute later the Terriers were getting crazier and then we saw why – another dog – a large one came out of the garden.  Teresa was immediately afraid but I sensed he was a nice dog and tried to get him to come to be so I could pet him.  The Terriers surrounded him and kept hasseling him but he mainly ignored them.  Occasionally he would attack one so they would back off.  Finally one of the young men came back and led the dog away.

At 2:15 it started raining lightly and then it turned into a full blown thunderstorm that was still rumbling off in the distance at 4:30.

I checked the US movie releases and I would like to see Project Almanac (6.8) and The Loft (7.2).
Locally, I would like to see American Sniper (7.6) playing at Molinos & Santafe and Birdman (8.3) playing at Santafe.

We started watching Entre Nos (7.4), interestingly, a movie in Spanish with English subtitles about a woman with 2 children trying to survive in New York.

We stopped at 8pm for the next episode of Master Chef.

We finished the movie but it was sad.  This is the storyline via www.imdb.com: “A story based on facts which offers a fresh take on the issue of new immigrants in the United States. Mariana totes her two children from Colombia to reunite with her husband in Queens, New York. Her life is devastatingly turned around when her husband abandons the family. The woman and her kids have to fend for themselves in a foreign country. Mariana desperately searches for work. In the end, she resourcefully navigates a surprising avenue for making some money, the city's recycling.”

I took my sleeping pills at 10:30 and we went to bed at 11pm.

I’d better get into town soon; I’m running out of t-shirt quotes.

T-shirt of the day: I have this desire to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment