Saturday, January 31, 2015

Thursday, January 29th, 2015

The alarm I set on my cell phone went off at 4am.  Teresa turned over, covered herself up and said “five”.  I didn’t know if that meant she wanted 5 more minutes or to get up at 5am.  I shoved the cell phone under her blanket so it would be her problem and I turned over and tried to fall back asleep.  She got up about 5 minutes later.

I didn’t hear them leave so I guess I fell back asleep for awhile.  The next thing I remember is Don Carlos trimming the garden at 6:30.  I turned over and felt a pain in my back so I got up and almost ripped off my dead toenail putting my flip flops on.  (Since it keeps catching on things now, I covered it with a bandaid).  It will probably come off completely in the next few days.)  I took 2 Excedrin Migraine, couldn’t get back to sleep because of the noise, so I got up, had a bowl of cereal and took my shower.

An hour later my back was feeling much better.

I talked to my brother for a few minutes using Facetime on my iPad.  We’ll probably talk further Saturday night using magicJack while Jhon is here.
Teresa came back just before 10am.

I gave Teresa 50mil for Don Carlos and I understand I have to give him another 100mil early next month (when I have more money) after he finishes the job.

Teresa and I tried to nap from 11 to 12:15 but because of the dogs barking we only got a little rest.

Change of plans.  Because I have barely enough money for the things I wanted to buy tomorrow, we’re going to pay Don Carlos the remaining 100mil we owe him tomorrow and then go to Belen and Laureles on Monday.

I was hoping to print out a chili recipe tomorrow and then start quizzing Teresa about what ingredients she has on hand and what can be purchased here.  If some ingredient isn’t available in Medellin I could probably search for a different (easier) recipe.  Now I guess that won’t happen until after the Superbowl.

I remember once when I was on a canoe trip with the Boy Scouts we were given a slice of peanut bread.  I just googled the internet (which supposedly has everything) but the closest I found was peanut butter bread.  Maybe it was more like a peanut granola bar shaped like a slice of bread.  It was delicious!

This is funny.  Teresa just asked me where my cell phone is.  I told her I don’t know; I’m not the one who uses my cell phone.  She finally found it under her pillow where she left it when we were taking our nap.

I received an email from a lawyer that my ex has an offer to buy my old townhouse.  The problem is they need my original notarized signature on the papers.  (Faxing them back isn’t allowed.)  They want to mail them to me, have me sign them, notarize them and mail them back.  First, I don’t know if a Colombian notarization is legal in the US.  Second, I’ve never mailed anything to the US, I’ve only received mail.  

They suggested I go to the US embassy but I told them Bogota is a 10 hour bus ride and they would have to pay me to do that.  Now the balls in their court, let’s see what they say.

We finished watching the last 10 minutes of Tracker (6.5) and then we started watching Gerry (6.2).  It was so slow that we both gave up after about 15 minutes then we watched Hard Candy that she loved.

I took my sleeping pills at 11pm and we went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Think, work hard, play hard, and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment