Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Monday, January 19th, 2015



I fell asleep within 30 minutes, woke up at 3:30, got up when I heard the shower next door (probably 4am), took another sleeping pill and fell asleep again within 15 minutes.  I got up once again about 6am, finally waking/getting up at 9:15.

I love my new moccasins.  They’re great for wearing around the finca, with or without socks.  Because they are soft soled they aren’t so great for walking around on the rocks outside.  I usually wear a size 9, but I read they run a little small so I ordered 9 ½.  If they aren’t a perfect fit, they are no more than ¼ size too large.

Laura came back from school about 1:30.

Teresa and I took a nap from 3 to 3:45.

I checked the Immigration website and I see my Cedula is ready for pickup.  I checked to see if we could possibly pick it up this Saturday but their office is only open Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm.

I started watching Battle of Britain on Netflix but it didn’t translate the German dialogue to English or even show it as subtitles.  I tried switching my IP address to English but then Netflix told me the movie is only available on Netflix DVD.  Finally, I went back to the Spanish version and set the subtitles to Spanish so I would have some idea what the Krauts were talking about.

I’ve initiated a discussion with my brother about maybe visiting San Andrés when he comes for a visit next month.  He says maybe we can get some sort of break if we tell that the island is named after us – San Andrés-en.

Teresa and I finished Home Alone 2 and then we started watching Hang em High.

I took my sleeping pill at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11:30.

T-shirt of the day: I wanna be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment