Monday, January 12, 2015

Saturday, January 10th, 2015


Probably because I had my sandwich and coffee so late last night, I got up 5 times during the night.  I slept well until the dogs woke me up about 5:30 with their nonstop barking.  I think I fell back asleep about 7 and woke/got up at 8:45.

I finally figured out how to renew my Bitdefender Total Security - covering 1 PC for 3 years for $159.95.  I managed to uninstall the old version (2014) and install the new version (2015) and it seems to be working although at one point it asked for my username (don’t remember it) and password (I think I know it).  I emailed the company – Avangate – for help retrieving that information.

My biceps are real sore today and Teresa told me hers are too.

I translated the instructions for the Aunt Jemima waffle mix and found I had forgotten to include oil or butter so next time they should taste better.

I wrote the following in Google Translate for Teresa:

“About yesterday.  It’s obvious someone forgot to tell James’ friend that he needed to help us carry the washing machine down to the finca.

I’ve never been strong and I’m no longer young enough for things like that.  I would have easily given him 100mil to take my place in carrying it down to the finca.  I also have the beginning of arthritis in my thumbs and wrists but luckily that didn’t bother me yesterday.

I’ve heard many people my age break a hip doing something stupid like that and their health is never the same.  Please be more careful so that never happens again.”

Interestingly, I found my magicJack GO works without having one end plugged into the phone line on my laptop.  Unfortunately, that was after I replaced the 20’ of cord with a 6’ cord.  I asked Teresa if she wanted to return it but since it only cost about $2 she said don’t bother.

I finished Patricia Cornwell’s 276 page novel Cruel and Unusual and downloaded John Grisham’s 358 page novel The Partner.

Teresa took a nap from 3:15 to 4:30.

MBE shows my moccasins are “in transit”.

Laura left at 5:30 and I understand she will return tomorrow or Monday.

I watched a little of the Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots game and then we watched a little The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly which Teresa liked very much.

A week ago when we bought groceries I bought a package of corn on the cob to try.  At 6:30 we took a break, Teresa boiled water, I heated two ears for 5 minutes and ate them with butter and salt.  They were pretty good but corn on the cob in the US is sweeter.

When we went to continue the movie I found while we still had Wi-Fi we no longer had internet access.  L

I tried unplugging and restarting the router and for a minute it looked like everything was working but I soon lost the internet connection again.

ESPN is advertising the NCAA Championship game for this Monday 8:30 Bogota time so maybe I will be able to see Oregon play Ohio State.

New England beat Baltimore 35 to 31 in a very good game.  It’s pretty obvious I should be able to see all the playoff games although only for the first one today was I able to change the broadcast to English.

The internet connection came back about an hour later.

I asked Teresa about my 2pm doctor’s appointment on Tuesday and if I understand correctly we go to Nueva eps in Envigado to find the location of the Urologist’s office.

Netflix started clocking and after a while we finally gave up.

I took my sleeping pill at 10:10 and we went to bed at 10:30.

T-shirt of the day: Waste nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment