Saturday, January 10, 2015

Friday, January 9th, 2015



I think it took me almost 2 hours to fall asleep.  I got up at 2:30 and took another sleeping pill before going back to bed.  I got up again at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 8:30.

I forgot to mention that yesterday the Chicago Bears hired a new general manager – Ryan Pace from the New Orleans Saints.

Also yesterday I gave Laura 100mil and she made the first payment on the exercise machine.

Teresa tells me the washing machine is in Caldas and we’re just waiting for someone to call so we can meet Fernando for the delivery.  BTW, we’re upgrading the washing capacity from 27lbs to 38lbs.

I checked the new US movie releases and I would like to see Taken 3 (7.1).  Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Teresa and I moved the old washing machine from the rear laundry room to outside the front door.

At 1:30 we finally got the call.   What a fiasco that turned out to be!

We took the bus to Caldas and were at her brother James little restaurant by 2pm.  We sat around eating and drinking while she talked to her brother.  Finally, I asked if we are going to get the washing machine moved into the finca before dark.  Exito delivered it to her brother’s by 3:30.  I gave Teresa the 35 mil for what I understood was the cost for the delivery to the finca.  At 5pm James’ friend (not Fernando) arrived with a truck and with the help of another man James carried it across the street and loaded it into the truck.  There were also 4 wood beams, about 6” x 6” and 7’ long that I understand belong to Teresa and those were loaded into the truck also.

When we got to the top of the hill the driver stopped the truck and I got out and opened the barbed wire gate.  When I got back to the truck a serious argument was going on between the driver and Teresa & James.  All I could think of was that the driver thought his job was done.  He didn’t even help get it out of the truck – James and I had to do it.  There was nothing to hold onto except the edges of the box.  Then the 3 of us, with great difficulty, over maybe 30 minutes carried it down past the killer dogs to the finca.  I was exhausted by the time we got it into the finca.  (I never was a strong person, always having a desk job and at my age I’ve heard of people breaking a hip and its downhill from there.)  Teresa and James then carried the old machine up the hill and I guess put it into the truck.  As far as I know the wood beams are still lying there.  

I helped Teresa install the machine and a few connections were difficult without the right tools but we managed.  She did a couple loads of laundry and took them out and hung them out back in the dark to dry.

I checked the Immigration website and the database was updated January 9th but my Cedula isn’t on the list.

I took my sleeping pill at 10am and we went to bed at 11:15.

T-shirt of the day: Back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment