Saturday, September 21, 2019

Friday, September 20, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Ad Astra (7.3) and Rambo (7.2).  Locally, Ad Astra is playing in Viva Envigado and I would still like Teresa to see Yesterday still playing in Oviedo.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show then left for the gym.  I completed my limited exercises in an hour and 5 minutes.

Back at the apt I took my shower and waited for Teresa to call me to meet for lunch.  She came back at 1pm and asked me why I didn’t answer my phone.  I showed her that according to my “recent calls” list she hadn’t called me since 5pm yesterday.  She showed me on her cellphone that she had called me and got voice mail so I don’t know what happened.

We walked to Salpi Jugos where Teresa ordered the menu of the day.  I ordered the Ceasar salad again since it was so delicious last time when I was with Jeannie and JoAnn.  Teresa commented that this must be a new restaurant and I showed her the cover of the menu that said they have been in business for 25 years.  So there!

The total bill came to almost exactly 50mil which is more than the usual 34mil that we pay at Asados Rogelio but it is nice sometimes to have something different.

Teresa returned to the apt to take a nap and I walked to the new copy center Impresionamos Digitalmente where I had 3 chess pages printed.

I walked to Parva where I had a cafĂ© con leche while checking my chess notes.  When I was on my 2nd coffee Chuck arrived.  He had just returned from completing some errands in downtown Envigado.  He told me Darnely went to visit her family in Cali for a couple weeks.

He followed me back to my building so he could see where we are meeting tomorrow morning.  I stopped in Exito where I bought 2 bags of milk.  The cashiers here are so slow!

Tomorrow we show Chuck and John the finca.  It will be my first time back in 2 ½ years.

I finished reading John Grisham’s Camino Island on my Nook.

I still had some time to kill before bedtime so I got out my playing cards and played and lost 3 hands of Solitaire.

I heard a thud and went out on the balcony and I saw a motorcycle lying on its side in the street right behind a car partway out from the Exito parking lot.  No one appeared to be hurt and there didn’t appear to be much damage, if any.

It started raining at 10:30 just as we went to bed.

7,059 steps today.

Joke of the day
An old, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.
He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep on the couch. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. The next day he was back, resumed his position on the couch and slept for an hour.
This continued for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."
The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with four children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

1 comment:

  1. Just FWIW, if the solitaire version you were playing was 'Klondike', I recently read somewhere that while Klondike is the most commonly played solitaire card game it is the most difficult to win. That said, it's the one I tend to play too.

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete