Saturday, September 7, 2019

Friday, September 6, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up at 1am, 3am, 5am, and finally 7am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show.  We left the apt at 9:30 for Teresa’s 10:30 appointment in Aguacatala and of course we arrived 30 minutes early.  At 11:30 we still were waiting and Teresa told me I could leave.  Outside I quickly found a taxi to take me to Parque Poblado.  At Envios Market I picked up 2 regular envelopes (more Capital One junk mail), a large envelope (something legal about my old townhouse), a package (my umbrella), and my September Chess Life magazine.  I paid 4mil for the package.

Outside I was soon on a bus back to Envigado.  Back at the apt I dropped off some things.

I left the apt about 1:30, walked past Parva to see if anyone I knew was there, and walked to Envigado.  First I stopped at Claro to pay my cellphone bill but was told that I have to wait until after the 6th of the month and today is the 6th.

I went to the bookstore on Calle 39 and found a new paperback book.  At checkout I was told that 2mil wasn’t enough to make the exchange.  New owners?  Inflation?  Who knows.  I ended up giving them 3mil along with the old book.

I went to Cotrafa where I paid the Une bill for the month.

I took a bus back to La Buena Mesa.

Walking to Parva I ran into Chuck.  We both went into Parva and ordered coffee and he also had a slice of cheesecake.  They were switching cash drawers or something and I didn’t end up paying until just before we left.

We chatted for a couple hours before leaving.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see IT: Chapter 2 (7.3) and Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of my Voice (7.9).  Locally, I would like to see IT playing at 8:50pm, 9:30pm, 9:35pm, and 10pm.

In the evening we had chicken wings delivered for 33,900 pesos.

14,963 steps today; again I forgot to enter yesterday’s number and clear it this morning so this represents 2 days.

Joke of the day
Margaret was very upset as her husband Albert had just passed away. She went to the undertaker's to have one last look at her dearly departed husband. The instant she saw him she started crying. One of the undertakers strides up to provide comfort in this somber moment. Through her tears she explains that she is upset because her dearest Albert was wearing a black suit, and it was his dying wish to be buried in a blue suit.
The undertaker apologizes and explains that traditionally, they always put the bodies in a black suit, but he'd see what he could arrange. The next day she returned to the undertakers to have one last moment with Albert before his funeral the following day. When the undertaker pulls back the curtain, she managed to smile through her tears as Albert is resplendent in a smart blue suit.
She said to the undertaker "Wonderful, wonderful, but where did you get that beautiful blue suit?"
"Well, yesterday afternoon after you left, a man about your husband's size was brought in & he was wearing a blue suit. His wife explained that she was very upset as he had always wanted to be buried in a black suit," the undertaker replied.
The wife smiled at the man.
He continued, "After that, it was simply a matter of exchanging the heads."

No comments:

Post a Comment