Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Tuesday, September 10, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11:45, got up once about 3:30, woke up at 6:30 finally getting up just before 7am.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall.  I ordered the breakfast special at Habia Una Vez and Jose arrived and ordered his own breakfast.  We chatted a bit then took the elevator up to the 3rd floor to the food court.

I had Black for the first game and I played the Sicilian Defense.  I made a couple miscalculations and I resigned on the 24th move.

For lunch he had a sandwich from Q’Hubo and at his recommendation I had a burger from Presto.

I had White in the second game and I played the London System.  In the middle game I sacrificed the exchange (rook for a bishop) in order to stake a knight in the middle of the board.  He castled queenside and I got a good attack going and he resigned on the 33rd move.

We said goodbye.

I planned to look in Decathlon for short pants like I found in Columbia outdoor but first I made a trip to the restroom.  As I was coming out the overhead alarms went off.  They soon stopped overhead but I could still hear them in the distance.  Outside the entrance to Decathlon I saw employees and private security running all over the place.  Then about a dozen employees gathered outside the main entrance.  I saw a number of employees and security running toward the back of the 2nd floor area with fire extinguishers.  Then they rolled down the security gate.  I suddenly lost my desire to visit Decathlon.

I went to Todo Fresa where I had a café con leche and checked my cellphone.

When I left thirty minutes later I noticed the security gate was still down at Decathlon.  I never saw any smoke, however so I don’t know what was going on.

I walked back to the apt.

I watched Season 8, episode 16 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

Tomorrow we should be going to Mayorista for groceries after lunch.

5,435 steps today.

Joke of the day
Three sisters of age 92, 94 and 96 live in a house together.
One night the 96 year old draws a bath, puts her foot in and pauses.  She yells down the stairs, "Was I getting in or out of the bath?"
The 94 year old yells back, "I don't know, I'll come up and see."  She starts up the stairs and pauses, then she yells, “Was I going up the stairs or coming down?"
The 92 year old was sitting at the kitchen table having tea listening to her sisters.  She shakes her head and says, "I sure hope I never get that forgetful." She knocks on wood for good measure.
She then yells, "I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see who's at the door."

No comments:

Post a Comment