Friday, September 6, 2019

Thursday, September 5, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake/get up until 6am.

We had blueberry pancakes for breakfast.

We left the apt about 9:30 and walked to Parva where we all had drinks.

Just after 11:30 Bryan texted me that he was already at the apt.  We walked back, the ladies grabbed their suitcases and we got in his nice comfortable A/C car.

He went to the airport by way of the new tunnel and while the first section was relatively short I believe the 2nd section was 4 miles long.  I’m not convinced that we would save time to and from Envigado but it certainly would save time for those going to Poblado or central Medellin.

We arrived at the airport by 1pm.  They checked their bags and then we had something to eat at J&C Delicias.  I said goodbye to them at 1:45 for their 2:45 flight hoping they return soon.

Outside the airport I quickly got on an airport bus.  There was about a 10 minute wait before it left.  We arrived at San Diego mall 45 minutes later.  After a quick trip to the restroom I continued through the mall, crossed the street and got on a Sabaneta bus.
It was pretty slow as usual through the Gold Mile but I returned to the apt by 4pm.

At 6pm I sat down to watch the pregame shows.  The game started at 7:20 and Charles arrived just after the Packers went 3 and out.
He brought a glass container of juice with him while I had a 600ml bottle of Coke.  We shared a bag of cheese/caramel popcorn that my daughter brought me.

The good news is the Bears defense held the Packers offense to 10 points.  The bad news is the Bears offense only scored 3 points.  And the Bears special teams didn’t look that good either other than making a 37-yard field goal.

Charles left and we soon realized that he left his container of juice in our fridge.

I finished reading Robin Cook’s Chromosome 6 – well, all except about 6 pages of the epilogue.  I figure I can finish it tomorrow before returning it.

 steps today.

Joke of the day
A mother and her young son were flying Southwest Airlines from Kansas City to Chicago. The son turned from the window to his mother and asked, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" 
The mother said, "Well, maybe that's something you could ask the stewardess." 
So the boy asked the stewardess, "If big dogs have baby dogs and big cats have baby cats, why don't big planes have baby planes?" 
The stewardess responded, "Did your mother tell you to ask me that?"
The boy admitted that this was the case. "Well, then, tell your mother that there are no baby planes because Southwest always pulls out on time. You can ask your mother to explain THAT to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment