Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Tuesday, September 3, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, again at 4:15 and catnapped after that until getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 7:30 and walked up to Avenida Poblado.  (As I left the apt complex the portero gave me an envelope from Alcala, our real estate agency.  Our rent starting November will increase by 3.18% to 1,805,650.  Teresa asked if we should start looking for a less expensive apt.  LOL.)  I quickly was on a Sabaneta bus.  I got off at Calle 36 Sur and arrived at Bancolombia 10 minutes early.  Jose was already there.  We went inside at 8am and soon our number was called.  Jose talked to the cashier and what I learned is apparently Bancolombia has some link to validate Cedulas (National Ids) and someone has the same number as mine.  They are going to try to figure out the problem and if they do they will call Teresa and I can continue with my withdrawal.  If they don’t then I’ll probably go to Immigration and see what they can do.
In the meantime I still have to pay my bills.

We walked to Carbon de Leña where I bought Jose breakfast.
I thanked him for his help and he returned to his house and I walked to Banco Caja Social.  I made 2 withdrawals but the 3rd was declined.  I was short of what I needed to pay for the apt.

I stopped at Todo Drogas where I picked up my medicine for the month and at the nature store where I bought some vitamins.

I went to Servibanca but their ATM was out of order.  I tried a couple other banks but their ATMs didn’t work either.  Finally I made a small withdrawal at Davivienda but it wouldn’t allow another.  (I think I’m probably locked out by now.)

I went to Bancolombia where I found Charles Turner making a withdrawal.  I invited him for coffee and we went to the Noah’s Ark bakery across from the park.

We exchanged quite a bit of information and I invited him to see the Bears game with me at my apt.

I took a bus back to the apt and dropped off some things, talked briefly with Teresa, changed into shorts and took a bus to Poblado.  At Envios Market I picked up my American Chess magazine, a letter from BSI Financial and a court document regarding foreclosure on my old townhouse.

I had lunch at Aquacate then took a bus back to Envigado.

I had a milkshake at Parvo while doing some reading.

Teresa still hadn’t returned from picking up her monthly cancer medicine in downtown Medellin.

Teresa called me at 4:30 and told me she’s still waiting in line for her medicine.  Also, she informed me that Bancolombia called and the problem is supposedly solved.  I’m to go to the bank tomorrow at 8am and Carolina, supposedly the same cashier I’ve been working with, will complete my withdrawal.

Teresa called me at 5:30 and asked me to meet her at Exito in Viva Envigado.  I changed clothes and met her there just before 6pm.  In Exito we picked up fixings to make spaghetti and garlic bread tomorrow night.

Outside there was no wait for a taxi which took us to Antica Pizza.  We each had a slice of pizza and drink and were back in the apt by 7:30.

I watched Season 8, episode 14 of The Walking Dead on Netflix.

Teresa informed me that one of the new bedroom fans no longer works.  I’ll take a better look tomorrow but it appears she is right.  Well, I’m sure it has a 1-year warranty but I’m going to need Teresa’s help claiming it.

10,615 steps today.  Hmm, I have a sneaking suspicion this is for 2 days.

Joke of the day
A man checked into a hotel on a business trip and was a bit lonely so he thought he'd get one of those girls you see advertised in phone booths when you're calling for a cab.  He grabbed a card on his way in. 
It was an ad for a girl calling herself Erogonique, a lovely girl, bending over in the photo. She had all the right curves in all the right places, beautiful long wavy hair, long graceful legs all the way up, you know the kind. So he’s in his room and figures, what the hell, I'll give her a call. 
"Hello?" the woman says, ....oh God, she sounded sexy!! 
"Hi, I hear you give a great massage and I'd like for you to come to my room and give me one. No, wait, I should be straight with you. I'm in town all alone and what I really want is sex. I want it hard, I want it hot, and I want it now. You name it, we'll do it. Bring anything you want."
She says, "That sounds fantastic, but for an outside line you need to press 9."

2 comments:

  1. What a surprise! And a good, unexpected laugh.

    Yet another unhead joke & within a week's time, too! Getting close to ten, now!

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete